RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with Tnet...

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The beauty of nature is full upon the land
20221014_072835.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now I am drooling! I was shocked at the taste of the home grown potatoes! So much tastier! I am going to try to grow those again.
I really think gardening is totally trial and error.
Fighting the elements, insects, critters and in the end if we get to harvest something it's the greatest feeling.
There are times when it just doesn't happen, or the quantity just doesn't happen.
So many ? come into play.
Was it the seed, germination, timing, a late frost, drought, too wet, not enough water at the right time.
Too cloudy, too windy, bugs, no bees.
Then again when the moon and stars align, we have the harvest and we can be thankful.

Remember to hill the potatoes when planting, then hill at least once if not twice during the growing.
Reasons, bigger potatoes, no sun spots (greening) easy to dig, easy to see raised bed, and these little potatoes were up to 2-12" deep-because I didn't take the time to hill.

Here is some from being hilled
20221005_180726.jpg

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I really think gardening is totally trial and error.
Fighting the elements, insects, critters and in the end if we get to harvest something it's the greatest feeling.
There are times when it just doesn't happen, or the quantity just doesn't happen.
So many ? come into play.
Was it the seed, germination, timing, a late frost, drought, too wet, not enough water at the right time.
Too cloudy, too windy, bugs, no bees.
Then again when the moon and stars align, we have the harvest and we can be thankful.

Remember to hill the potatoes when planting, then hill at least once if not twice during the growing.
Reasons, bigger potatoes, no sun spots (greening) easy to dig, easy to see raised bed, and these little potatoes were up to 2-12" deep-because I didn't take the time to hill.

Here is some from being hilled
View attachment 2050872
I forgot to tell you that hubby got his tractor out and dug where I planted. We didn’t find anymore. I got them all the first time. We have eaten them all!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
We did potato’s this year for the first time. It was a failure for the most part. We did get a couple dinners worth and they were fantastic.

I did however learn a great deal. Next season I’m going to crush it.
I would not say it was a failure. You learned something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread