🥇 BANNER Rare Ohio breastplate found in Harpers Ferry, WV!

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I dug this beauty yesterday! Happy hunting.

TikTok:

Facebook live:

2c391807-14ce-482b-bed6-e351245ce9f4-jpeg.2045841

0BEC1A6B-FFFB-4231-9F02-41696D47BDEA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 81
OP
OP
SGT WHITEY

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
SGT WHITEY

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I read where you posted that you weren't interested in selling, I just thought you might like to know the real value from a dealer, I'm sure most of us would be interested in what the value actually is.
Thank you for that. I do appreciate it.

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
So I dug this beauty yesterday! Happy hunting.

TikTok:

Facebook live:

View attachment 2045022

Congratulations! Part of my family are of welsh descent and migrated to the Welch hills of Ohio. I & family ancestors now live in Fla. (since 1898). I married an Ohio State college girl that I first met on Spring Break at Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Subsequently, I have done some vacationing in Ohio, researched and have done some detecting at Camp Dennison (Ohio Vol. Infy camp). Was always hoping to encounter one of those. Only found the usual 3-ringers, musket balls and US Genl. Serv. buttons. Incidentally, an ancestor was OVM. He was killed in a battle in West Va.. And ironically, my Aunt's husband's family were from Ga. & in the Confederacy. Their ancestor was wounded in the same battle in West Va.. I have always teased my Aunt about that, claiming that now I know why my family never gets along . . .. Many more successful digs to you.

OP
OP
SGT WHITEY

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! Part of my family are of welsh descent and migrated to the Welch hills of Ohio. I & family ancestors now live in Fla. (since 1898). I married an Ohio State college girl that I first met on Spring Break at Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Subsequently, I have done some vacationing in Ohio, researched and have done some detecting at Camp Dennison (Ohio Vol. Infy camp). Was always hoping to encounter one of those. Only found the usual 3-ringers, musket balls and US Genl. Serv. buttons. Incidentally, an ancestor was OVM. He was killed in a battle in West Va.. And ironically, my Aunt's husband's family were from Ga. & in the Confederacy. Their ancestor was wounded in the same battle in West Va.. I have always teased my Aunt about that claiming that I know why my family never gets along . . .. Many more successful digs to you.
Great story, thanks for sharing! Appreciate the congrats too. I am truly amazed that I was lucky enough to unearth this one for sure.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on achieving your first BANNER on Tnet Shawn! :occasion14:
What an incredibly historic find, just goes to prove there's still a lot of history to be recovered out there.
Dave

Metal Defector

Dec 5, 2020
West Chester Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garret AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
SGT WHITEY

SGT WHITEY

Jan 29, 2021
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on achieving your first BANNER on Tnet Shawn! :occasion14:
What an incredibly historic find, just goes to prove there's still a lot of history to be recovered out there.
Dave
Thanks so much!!! Super excited and honored!

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 and White's TRX pp, Garrett 400, Pro Pinpointer II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can only hope to find something that cool.....the only treasure I have found lately are in the cat litter box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions