OP
OP
S

SlagMaster

Aug 14, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your search engine is your friend
I have been using google it is not my friend i hate it. I have contacted most of the top results with pictures and description and have not received any replies. Christies is the only one that replied and said they are not interested but did not give any reasons. I am looking for real people with real experience with a trusted high end auction.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using google it is not my friend i hate it. I have contacted most of the top results with pictures and description and have not received any replies. Christies is the only one that replied and said they are not interested but did not give any reasons. I am looking for real people with real experience with a trusted high end auction.
Maybe your item,though interesting and nice,just isn,t as valuable as you think. Pony up 20.00 to become a charter member and you can advertise it for sale on here and see if you get any offers at your valuation point.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can check E-bay completed sales and see if any like yours have sold or put it on E-bay yourself at a certain reserve price and see what happens. Contact member Red-Coat,he,s pretty good at these things.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When trying to evaluate worth, never ever look at what people are asking....look for actual sold for prices that were paid. Those numbers you found have a pretty big spread between them.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There,s more than one search engine,I use yahoo since it,s what I started with years ago and my e-mail,s there. Search "search engines" Pick one and give it a rip,see what happens.All part of the fun bud!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found several sites devoted to old tobacco tins and items by just doing a simple search.I don,t know what you,re looking for but an auction site is not likely to set a value for you.You,ll have to do that your self through research and inquiry at the sites that deal in this stuff. Sometimes it takes hard work and time put in to get the final idea of what you have and what you may get for it. That,s the deal.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi SlagMaster

That is indeed a very desirable cigar tin for collectors. Condition is everything as far as value is concerned. This one sold for $15,500 with a 15% buyer's premium (way over the estimate of $2,000-5,000 so someone must have really wanted it):

Sunset Trailers.jpg

That auction result is from the 'liveauctioneers' website. If you sign up for an account (free, but you get occasional junk mail about listed items based on your expressed interests and previous searches) you can see the 'sold' price if the lot reached its reserve. The auction house that sold it is in Woodhaven, Michigan:

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SlagMaster

Aug 14, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There,s more than one search engine,I use yahoo since it,s what I started with years ago and my e-mail,s there. Search "search engines" Pick one and give it a rip,see what happens.All part of the fun bud!
I will for sure try yahoo a lot more thanks.

OP
OP
S

SlagMaster

Aug 14, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi SlagMaster

That is indeed a very desirable cigar tin for collectors. Condition is everything as far as value is concerned. This one sold for $15,500 with a 15% buyer's premium (way over the estimate of $2,000-5,000 so someone must have really wanted it):

View attachment 2026567

That auction result is from the 'liveauctioneers' website. If you sign up for an account (free, but you get occasional junk mail about listed items based on your expressed interests and previous searches) you can see the 'sold' price if the lot reached its reserve. The auction house that sold it is in Woodhaven, Michigan:
Thanks for your time in replying this is the first rabbit hole i went down. I did see the price of $15,000 and just laughed and thats when i started more research. Someone on facebook posted a sale of $17,000 for a mint condition and then there is one on worthpoint that sold on ebay for under $400. Unfortunately Showtime auctions was bought out by another company and they are one that hasnt replied yet. I will keep on truckin to find the best thanks.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
perhaps the one that sold for 400 was sold too cheap with only one person knowing the potential value. They may have got a heck of a deal, it does happen. Looks like you got a winner there:thumbsup:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be certain,I hope your,s is at the top of the scale for you.I never begrudge anyone a great find or a great sale.Best of luck!:notworthy:

jersey

Jun 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sometimes I use search engine
duckduckgo
nice looking tin you have there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread