Rate Your Marriage!

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every month our local classic car club meets for breakfast and justs shoots the breeze regarding cars and whatever else is the topic of the news. The meetings are very informal, usually about 6 or 7 couples mostly retired, middle to upper incomes and just a great group of folks. What is interesting is that there are a few couples that are still high school sweethearts, some middle of the road and a few that take seperate vacations but happy with their marriages. Using a scale from 1 to 10 with 10 being "high-school sweethearts til the end", 5 being "still a work in progress" and 1 being "should never have happened", where are you?

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dangerous topic. The safest response is to rate it a 10. Kidding aside, my 41st anniversary is this Saturday. Always consider your partner.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well in all honesty...Ive been married for 27 years to the same woman, most of those years are a ten but some have dipped to a five. One thing I would never rate it is one....I love my wife and plan to be married to her till the end.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
My first marriage was 20 years, and my second marriage was 24 days (Peruvian Beauty Queen). I'm happily alone now.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My only marriage rates as a 1 because you didn't allow for negative numbers.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Can you define "marriage" please? :laughing7:

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I consider myself a lucky man. Had a wonderful wife of 35 years until she passed from cancer. After about 2 years of being single and lonely and I started dating via match.com for about one year and I gave up dating. Then I was still lonely. Some of us are just destined to be husbands. So I went back on match.com and only looked at profiles of women who were truly Christian women and found my now wife in one week. We date for six months and then got married. She is my soulmate and love her so much. Yes I have posted a post pointing out some goofy wife reactions and comments about my metal detecting hobby but the were all fiction, just a laugh. She totally supports my hobby and encourages me to go out and find her some more rings. How lucky can a man be to have found two wonderful wives in his life?

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Going on 46 years......kids are grown, grandkids are fun, Could not be happier! Isn't that what you told me to say sweetie?

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It will be our 30th this year on veterans day. We grew up in the same neighborhood and have known each other since we were about 10 yrs old.
We were high school sweethearts and married when she was 16, I was 18. I cant imagine not having her in my life.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in '81, I was a freshman in HS. Met a girl and dated her throughout HS. We were voted class couple our senior year in '85. Six months after graduation we were married. She was 18, I was three weeks short of 20. So, we've been together for 37 years and married for 33.
Two kids, two grandkids. She still puts up with me, I think I'll keep her for another 33, if we live that long. So, I'll give it a 10.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
College sweethearts. Still my best friend and it will be 40 years in two months (plus two years of dating).

Not going to rate it - only marriage I've ever had so I don't know how it compares. ;-)

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20 years in September. Everyone asks how I cope with her earning double my salary, I tell them I put my ego aside :laughing7: Great mother, partner . cooking 1/10. She laughs at all my jokes and likes the pottery shards that I bring home from detecting. Looking fwd to the kids leaving home in a few years. Both started our retirement businesses aside from our day jobs ( 44 years old). Shes not a drunk or smoker or drugs/pills or cheater etc. So 10/10

Chub

holepuncher

Oct 5, 2014
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A question like that is on track to a divorce if the wrong mate see's what gets posted. LOL
Got rid of mine because it was below 1.

Kype

Mar 4, 2019
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tejon/Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am 31. My wife is 30. We have been together since we were 17 and still in highschool. And she likes metal detecting with me!

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
You will never find the body. I always said if she walked off the edge of the earth never to be seen again the worry would be that she might return. Now my bud elan launched a vehicle off into space. for weight savings the battery pack was removed. which created plenty of trunk space. I no longer worry.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am on my second marriage, married the first one because my parents said not to (and they were totally right). The woman I now have as my helpmate for the last ten years is everything that I ever wanted. We both have our problems but we work around them and help each other as best as we can. In those ten years, she has learned to deer hunt, fish, garden and what and how a woman should be treated like. She is my best friend and yes, she metal detects with me. Can't complain about a woman that can harvest a deer, field dress it and mostly drag them out. She will be sixty this year and I am totally blessed to be able to say that she is my wife. it's in the little things that a marriage really becomes awesome, they thrive on the little things that we do out of our way for them.

Old Soul 71

Greenie
Nov 27, 2018
Fulton county, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
30 years this November and dated two years in high school. Could not imagine life without her. I tow the line with detecting sometimes but she knows it's a passion . Two beautiful and talented girls . I could not ask for more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions