tndirtdigger

Feb 21, 2015
Middle Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Spending Thanksgiving in the low country this year and have the pleasure of hunting a plantation just north of Charleston. Over the last 5 years we hunt about twice a year and have found everything from a gold thimble to a 3rd regiment SC rev war button along with several colonial gun parts, copper coins, hundreds of flat buttons of different sizes and types. This week didn't disappoint. This place is loaded and luckily they still plow a small area along the oaks. The find of the week is a rattlesnake button and a royal provincial rev war button. I am surprised ate the condition of the rattlesnake button after so many years in the ground and exposure to plowing. I can't seem to find much info on this variety but I am super blessed to have found it. What a great Thanksgiving week and hope you all have a great day!

Attachments

• 40477.jpeg
    40477.jpeg
    226.5 KB · Views: 307,541
  • 40479.jpeg
    40479.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 399
  • 40494.jpeg
    40494.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_20211124_141719056.jpg
    IMG_20211124_141719056.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 408
Upvote 59

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lost Signal

Mar 5, 2019
Lowcountry SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
T

tndirtdigger

Feb 21, 2015
Middle Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the Rattlesnake button and making banner.

that is one large pile of dirt-encrusted buttons and such. Do you soak the m in Hydrogen peroxide to remove the dirt?
Yes I do soak them in warm peroxide to remove the dirt. That is what I used on the rattlesnake button as well, although very carefully.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I do soak them in warm peroxide to remove the dirt. That is what I used on the rattlesnake button as well, although very carefully.
Good to hear it works well. I think I remember you mentioning the warm peroxide before. It's surprising how well it works, but like you said it has to be done carefully to keep from losing some details with the dirt.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just noticed your Rattlesnake Button made it up top... congrats on achieving your second BANNER bud! :occasion14:

1LWiL15

Nov 15, 2021
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Barska Winbest Elite Edition, Bounty Hunter TK-IV, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Ace Apex, XP ORX, XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spending Thanksgiving in the low country this year and have the pleasure of hunting a plantation just north of Charleston. Over the last 5 years we hunt about twice a year and have found everything from a gold thimble to a 3rd regiment SC rev war button along with several colonial gun parts, copper coins, hundreds of flat buttons of different sizes and types. This week didn't disappoint. This place is loaded and luckily they still plow a small area along the oaks. The find of the week is a rattlesnake button and a royal provincial rev war button. I am surprised ate the condition of the rattlesnake button after so many years in the ground and exposure to plowing. I can't seem to find much info on this variety but I am super blessed to have found it. What a great Thanksgiving week and hope you all have a great day!
WOW! GREAT JOB!! I hear that those rattlesnake buttons are harder to find than G-Dubs. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread