Other

DINGER

Mar 9, 2011
central new york
Detector(s) used
WHITES DFX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice history on R C COLA bottles & moon pies. I dont have any bottles but i did find this md ing last year. R C ROYAL CROWN RC COLA GOOD LUCK money clip. Not sure how old it is, but still pretty cool treasure 006.jpg

backwoods tracker

Jan 2, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this one in an old house a few years ago. It was made in 1961. Not sure where it was made, as it came from plant #5, however, between the time it was made, and 1963 that plant closed and the plant # was reassigned to Charlotte, Michigan in 1963. Suppose you would have to have an older plant location listing to find it.

rc 1.jpg rc 2.jpg

backwoods tracker

Jan 2, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this one in an old house a few years ago. It was made in 1961. Not sure where it was made, as it came from plant #5, however, between the time it was made, and 1963 that plant closed and the plant # was reassigned to Charlotte, Michigan in 1963. Suppose you would have to have an older plant location listing to find it.

View attachment 949610 View attachment 949611

Max , not trying to take your post over by any means, but I gotta share this. Hope you don't mind. I went to the OI website to see where #5 was in 1961. Strange enough they show plant #5 to be in Cincinnati, OH from 1933 to 1939 (idle), then reassigned to Charlotte, Michigan in 1963. Show nothing for that plant # in 1961, yet that is clearly what the embossing says.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
The very last time I drank a bottle of RC Cola was Winter of '61....

It was a Saturday night, Mom made popcorn, and we were watching Shock Theater - our Saturday night tradition.

The only light was from the TV, and the fireplace. I was laying on the floor eating popcorn. I was drinking down that RC. You know when pulling down the end of the drink, your lip gets kinda sucked in a little bit?

Something hit my lip!

I got up and turned the light on and held that bottle up to the light. There was a cockroach floating in very the murky soda remains. It had clearly been bottled with the soda :(

Urp, Urp, Urp.....

And that was the very last time I touched the stuff :( And never will again - just the idea of it.

At least today they don't re-bottle the stuff....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love RC Cola. ..Trouble is I gave up all sugar....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

backwoods tracker

Jan 2, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The very last time I drank a bottle of RC Cola was Winter of '61....

It was a Saturday night, Mom made popcorn, and we were watching Shock Theater - our Saturday night tradition.

The only light was from the TV, and the fireplace. I was laying on the floor eating popcorn. I was drinking down that RC. You know when pulling down the end of the drink, your lip gets kinda sucked in a little bit?

Something hit my lip!

I got up and turned the light on and held that bottle up to the light. There was a cockroach floating in very the murky soda remains. It had clearly been bottled with the soda :(

Urp, Urp, Urp.....

And that was the very last time I touched the stuff :( And never will again - just the idea of it.

At least today they don't re-bottle the stuff....

I had the same thing happen in '69, only it was Frostie Root Beer, and a cigarette butt. No popcorn, and no tv involved.

backwoods tracker

Jan 2, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love RC Cola. ..Trouble is I gave up all sugar....

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Haven't given it up, but have slowed it down. I still have me an RC about twice a month.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I haven't had an RC since I got a bad one in the '60s and it was BAD. As a kid I loved them.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had an RC since I got a bad one in the '60s and it was BAD. As a kid I loved them.

I was drinking them up until mid 2011 when I gave up sugar....

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in 1985 I worked at a Safeway store and one night while facing the soda isle I came across a 16 oz.glass bottle of Coke with a cork floating in it.My local Coke bottling plant said the would buy it back from me,NO Way,I've been offered over $100 for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread