Ace 250...looking into a Nokta Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A new batch from ~3kgs of sand I took from a small river. Small pieces but still is something 😬.
Nice! Were the 3 kgs of sand, you took from the river, concentrates or raw unprocessed material? If the latter then you would likely multiply your gold results by maxing the volume processed by doing production panning or super concentration and take them home to finish pan for gold recovery.
Here is how to do it: Fill your pan, throughly agitate, then quickly pan out half or more of the feed. Add more feed and reduce to about half again, repeat several or many more times. By doing this you are not likely to lose any gold provided your black sands are still covered in the bottom of the pan. Save the finish panning of your super cons for last.

Good luck.

Last edited:

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Sacramento Ca. or Drain Or. USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
A new batch from ~3kgs of sand I took from a small river. Small pieces but still is something 😬.
Hey thats a great find. Most of the time you wont even get a color so to get something anything is fantastic!:hello2::icon_thumright:

You reminded me of a venture years ago with a friend that wished to find gold. I suggested we go for a jeep ride in the back country and fill several five gallon buckets each at a different location then run them through my sluice box at the house and he agreed. I had no expectations of finding anything but it turned out one of them turned a nice color but i could not remember where we got it. We also took a couple of hard rock samples he was going to have assayed and one of them was good for about 100 dollars per ton, not bad. We never followed through on either location unfortunately and went different ways. Gold is were you find it.

OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Pro. IM 45 coil.
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Were the 3 kgs of sand, you took from the river, concentrates or raw unprocessed material? If the latter then you would likely multiply your gold results by maxing the volume processed by doing production panning or super concentration and take them home to finish pan for gold recovery.
Here is how to do it: Fill your pan, throughly agitate, then quickly pan out half or more of the feed. Add more feed and reduce to about half again, repeat several or many more times. By doing this you are not likely to lose any gold provided your black sands are still covered in the bottom of the pan. Save the finish panning of your super cons for last.

Good luck.
Raw material. Next time I will try to reduce by panning half. Thanks for the advice.

OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you get a dredge in that river?
Prospecting in my country can be considered illegal...😞
There is a mining law but this can be interpreted.
With a pan or a mini sluice box you can argue it is a hobby if you are discovered by forest rangers or someone else.

Steve in Michigan

Apr 9, 2005
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350, Garrett Freedon Ace
Hello All,
It is my first time I've tried gold panning with the panning set from XP.
I have found this tiny pieces (0.5-1mm) and took them home.
Is it gold or pyrite? Your feedback is much appreciated.
Thanks.
If you're panning from material from a river, make sure to get material from the inside river bend and also under large rocks/bounders. If you can find an area with bed rock or a nice clay layer, try those areas as well. Good luck.

OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same spot, biģgest so far, ~4mm 😬

Attachments

• IMG-20220820-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20220820-WA0001.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-20220820-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220820-WA0000.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 31

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Same spot, biģgest so far, ~4mm 😬
If are scooping off of submerged bedrock you can probably improve your results by using a gold sucker*. Google it for how to build and use.
Good luck.

*larger gold is usually found on or close to bedrock or "false bedrock".

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If are scooping off of submerged bedrock you can probably improve your results by using a gold sucker*. Google it for how to build and use.
Good luck.

*larger gold is usually found on or close to bedrock or "false bedrock".
A manual sand sucker (pump) and a high banker with 2 pumps is on his way 😎.
Hopefully in 2 wks time after my vacation I will go again there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions