Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As you can see in the pic lots of artifacts from toys to bullets, 4 wheats, 2 jeff's, 2 mercs, 1934 & ? :), 1773 Reale!!! :) my 2nd Reale in 2 months. I went back to work last week and can only detect 3 days a week its killing me I found something today if I can dig it out your all in for a big surprise. the last button top row w/ missing shank says" L.H. & SCOVILL EXTRA RICH" I also found a huge bullet top right, and 3 beat up little ones. HH guys see ya J.D.

Upvote 0

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
Do you have any idea how lucky you are to be finding this stuff!!??? You truly are living the American MDer's dream!

Awesome finds!! Good luck!

(I might suggest getting a digital camera; there are some nice kodak ones on walmart's website)

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....
Hey MDnoob... I have two and bring them all the time.... We just get side tracked a lot and forget about taking pics. Sometime next weekend we will put everything out on a blanket and take pics of everything. Anything in particular that you want to see?

Chiz
8)

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys have found enough stuff to send in an article to Western and Eastern Treasures. I think they pay you for articles like this. Just don't mention the town or anywhere near it that you are finding this stuff. MDnoob is right, you have hit on a spot that is incredibly rich and I fear when this runs out, you will be sadly disappointed when you go out and find just a few items that may not be as nice as these. Be cautious about how those coins are cleaned. Did you try the tin foil coin cleaning method I put up a while ago? It should work very well with these coins.

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....
The Adventures of JD and Chiz (The insurgent gopher hunters)...... Sounds like a cartoon..... lmao!!!

We will start documenting and taking a lot of pics. Sounds like a good idea anyways. I do record everything in my dataBase everytime so why not make a journal of it! Thanks for the tip, it is worth checking out!

Chiz
8)

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
You guys cannot keep this up. Maybe you can... Either way, I'm about two/three more of these posts away from packing it up and splitting the Land of Lincoln to come down that way. I wonder if the Kitchen Funding Committee would approve? She could get a second job...

Took a beginner out today and did the town park sweep with him for introductory purposes. While I tried to demonstrate speed hunting to him, he demonstrated beginner's luck by getting a nice 10K ring at a swing set. Do ya think he's hooked? Oh yeah. My finds? Just clad coinage (4+bucks) and game tokens.

Tomorrow we'll be doing an old trail into this town that was vastly overgrown for decades and was recently cleared for some development. Hopefully my experience will outdo his beginner's luck but then again, it's being there that matters!

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck Lowbatts hope you find some awsome stuff to post!!!!! that old trail sounds cool!!

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....
Otay!!!! We are going to mostly hunt this w/e and start "categorizing" all the stuff we found so far. I'll take a series of pics the following w/e since I have a 4 day!!!! yay!!! I can only hunt on Sunday this w/e.... :(

that will give time for JD to get all his stuff together also.....

Chiz
8)

I have a couple web sites already, what I am going to do is make a section for all of our finds, "adventures", etc., lol.... I'll post the link when I am done!

G

geatley

Nice finds! Makes me almost wish I still lived in N.J. at least until winter hits.
really like that half dime :wink: !

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:) thanks William!! this weekend should be a good one :) hh lots of luck. p.s. find more!!!!! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread