really odd plaque, really odd.

HMS Beagle

Jan 28, 2007
wny
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250 :: Tesoro Compadre :: Equinox 800
Hello Everyone,
This was found by a friend while searching around in NY state. It was found on a bridge. It is bolted to the span itself. My best guess so far is possibly a schematic for bridge bearings. It would explain the fulcrums, but not the connecting links. Plus the one item on the left side, mid way, that is "attached" to one of the "levers" is throwing me off. Has anyone ever seen anything like this.

thanks in advance
Beagle

Attachments

• bridgeplaqueh.jpg
    bridgeplaqueh.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 320
  • bridgeplaquev.jpg
    bridgeplaquev.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 244

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
I have never seen anything like it. I don't know how it works in N.Y. but if it was here in MO. I'd contact county bridge dept. if county bridge or State Highway dept. if on state highway. I would guess the V-13:64 is some sort or numbering system. Good luck. Hope you find out, you have my interest.

Upvote 1

OhioFinds

Oct 15, 2012
lorain, Ohio
Detector(s) used
My eye's, hand's, and occasional shovel!! Basically, just my sixth sense!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sound's like illegal possession of government property, You should be very careful with that! On the other hand, kinda remind's me of a treasure map!! If you send it to me, I will follow it and get back to you!! haha!! :BangHead: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Oh, I was just being sarcastic, didn't know that I needed to point that out!!?!

Last edited:
Upvote 1

Broken knee

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2009
in your back yard
Detector(s) used
excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me it would appear it has not been removed from the bridge? It would help if we had a pic of the entire bridge, to determine the type of construction.
It may be bolt or rivet locations for bridging or struts? HH
Broken Knee

Upvote 2
OP
OP
HMS Beagle

HMS Beagle

Jan 28, 2007
wny
Detector(s) used
Woah peoples,It has NOT been removed from the bridge! Clearly the bolts are there. And there's is no intention of doing so. This is not from an active bridge, it is far removed from any roads. I am in the process of contacting the DOT to see if the id number has any significance. My guess from seeing the bridge is that is hasn't been used in 50-70yrs. I do find it interesting that some people went right to thinking it was removed(stolen) ...good insight to some peoples mindset. thanks for the reply's HH Beagle

Upvote 3
OP
OP
HMS Beagle

HMS Beagle

Jan 28, 2007
wny
Detector(s) used
Broken knee, The bridge construction is wood + steel with a flat deck with no supporting over-structure. If that helps. I will see if he has a pic of the bridge. Beagle

Upvote 2

wreckwriter

Oct 13, 2012
Putnam County, WV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me it would appear it has not been removed from the bridge? It would help if we had a pic of the entire bridge, to determine the type of construction.
It may be bolt or rivet locations for bridging or struts? HH
Broken Knee

The only reason that thought came to mind was that you described it as a 'friend find'.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
HMS Beagle

HMS Beagle

Jan 28, 2007
wny
Detector(s) used
The only reason that thought came to mind was that you described it as a 'friend find'.
I'm really do not see how posting something for a friend leads to being called a thief. But I see how thinking "well, I would steal it so they must have" translates into posting those thoughts. yeah, I really don't like being called a thief, especially by people who have no idea who or what I am, and who have reading/visual comprehension problems. I stated in my original post that "It is bolted to the span itself." Get it?!? It is...not, it was. The pictures clearly show it. Beagle

Upvote 1

wreckwriter

Oct 13, 2012
Putnam County, WV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really do not see how posting something for a friend leads to being called a thief. But I see how thinking "well, I would steal it so they must have" translates into posting those thoughts. yeah, I really don't like being called a thief, especially by people who have no idea who or what I am, and who have reading/visual comprehension problems. I stated in my original post that "It is bolted to the span itself." Get it?!? It is...not, it was. The pictures clearly show it. Beagle

You weren't 'called' anything by me. See the 'if' in my post? Don't worry, I'll refrain from replying to any of your threads going forward.

Upvote 1

OhioFinds

Oct 15, 2012
lorain, Ohio
Detector(s) used
My eye's, hand's, and occasional shovel!! Basically, just my sixth sense!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't think that anyone here was calling you a thief, more like just stating that it may have legal consequence's to possessing such thing's. May we have overlooked exactly what you meant. Get your panties out of a bind! :notworthy:

Upvote 1

wreckwriter

Oct 13, 2012
Putnam County, WV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think that anyone here was calling you a thief, more like just stating that it may have legal consequence's to possessing such thing's. May we have overlooked exactly what you meant. Get your panties out of a bind! :notworthy:

Not even possessing, officials are funny about such things these days. How about "and just what were you doing crawling around under our bridge" type questions? Doesn't apply now that we know its not an active bridge but before....

Oh well.

Upvote 1

Broken knee

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2009
in your back yard
Detector(s) used
excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In looking at it again I wonder if it has any thing to do with the bridge? Notice the dimensions top and bottom are the same the middle ones are different.
I'm thinking its from or for a crane as in hoisting points related to the set up of the crane it self ? HH
Broken Knee

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions