REALLY!!!people were throwing money out there windows

ohiowhiteguy

Oct 11, 2012
clermont county ohio
Detector(s) used
coin master pro,,,Garrett at pro,,, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
took ole' Betty out for a walk today. didn't find much.was out near the entrance to an apartment complex. cars coming and going. so on my way back to my truck i noticed several pennies on the ground where i just was. i couldn't of missed them. then there were more about twenty of them.
so i thinking some kind person decided to give them to me..thanks..next time i hope it's quarters..but pennies work for me...HH.
OWG.

Upvote 1

Mark S.

Jan 25, 2005
Many years ago in my younger days, I was on active duty at Naval Station San Diego. One day my room mate was getting ready to do his laundry. He pulled several pennies from a pants pocket and said "just pennies". The window was open (no screens) and just a few feet away. He threw them out the window. HMMM! I walked to the window and looked out. 3rd floor. I wondered how many people had done that.

Well I can tell you that many had. The ground was loaded all around the barracks. Mostly pennies but a few larger here and there. Along with the coins were a few rings that flew off the fingers. Occasionally I would find some on top and would hear giggling. Looking up I would see someone in the window tossing coins down. I always said thankyou. One guy kept going. He realized that he had tossed over a buck to me after I had told him that I was keeping count. Said thankyou and keep it coming. He slammed the window shut. I spent a lot of hours around that barracks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread