Cape Hunter

May 17, 2019
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots or early trails still exist across the cape. Put together some items from a few trips out.

Never know what your going to find.

Probably the best intact small shoe buckle I have found. Was buried in the middle of the trail down about 2 inches. Both the fangs work up and down. Thought for sure it was going to be trash. Was a sold 85 on the Equinox 900.

1816 Spanish 1/2 Reales. Was still shiny in the hole. Condition fair but date is readable which adds a lot.

Pewter salt shaker top. How do you lose just the top on a trail?

My first Jews harp.

Few plain dandy size buttons.

Block of conversion lead weights. Was solid white when found. 1/4 oz to 7gm. I have found a few singles, but not a block of them.

1846 US One Cent. Front is rather rough. To bad its not as nice as the reverse. So why the difference? Was the front facing up all these years? Have to pay more attention next time.

Another 1840-1857 One Cent, But Light gray and is pewter. This is my second one found. Lousy counterfeit job if I ever saw one. Best used in a dark tavern.

A brass bracket that has spikes to possibly tacked onto a wood box or something for a strap?

Two US coins found close together. 1866 Indian Head Penny and a 1864 two cent. Must have lost them close to the period of the dates as they are in nice condition.

Ladies hosiery clip? Victorian I would guess. Must have been quite fancy in gold leafed. I have gold leafed a few Items I have found in the past. This one is a good candidate.

Pad Lock and door handle with latch. These look like they have been buried for a very long time.

UPDATE: Last Image attached is also a US One Cent cast in Pewter. Is a bit more shiny and more poorly done. Found about a years ago not far from the recent find.

Many thanks for looking!

Attachments

• recent finds.jpg
    recent finds.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 86
  • shoe buckle.jpg
    shoe buckle.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 51
  • half reales front.jpg
    half reales front.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 51
  • half reales back.jpg
    half reales back.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 2 one cent coins front.jpg
    2 one cent coins front.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 2 one cent coins back.jpg
    2 one cent coins back.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 49
  • unknown item.jpg
    unknown item.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 47
  • 2 coins face.jpg
    2 coins face.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 2 coins back.jpg
    2 coins back.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 46
  • ladies wear.jpg
    ladies wear.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 45
  • lock door handle latch.jpg
    lock door handle latch.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 47
  • pewter one cent.jpg
    pewter one cent.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Upvote 28

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lots or early trails still exist across the cape. Put together some items from a few trips out.

Probably the best intact small shoe buckle I have found. Was buried in the middle of the trail down about 2 inches. Both the fangs work up and down. Thought for sure it was going to be trash. Was a sold 85 on the Equinox 900.

1816 Spanish 1/2 Reales. Was still shiny in the hole. Condition fair but date is readable which adds a lot.

My first Jews harp.

Block of conversion lead weights. Was solid white when found. 1/4 oz to 7gm. I have found a few singles, but not a block of them.

1846 US One Cent. Front is rather rough. To bad its not as nice as the reverse. So why the difference? Was the front facing up all these years? Have to pay more attention next time.

Another 1840-1857 One Cent, But Light gray and is pewter. This is my second one found. Lousy counterfeit job if I ever saw one. Best used in a dark tavern.

A brass bracket that has spikes to possibly tacked onto a wood box or something for a strap?

Two US coins found close together. 1866 Indian Head Penny and a 1864 two cent. Must have lost them close to the period of the dates as they are in nice condition.

Ladies hosiery clip? Victorian I would guess. Must have been quite fancy in gold leafed. I have gold leafed a few Items I have found in the past. This one is a good candidate.

Pad Lock and door handle with latch. These look like they have been buried for a very long time.

UPDATE: Last Image attached is also a US One Cent cast in Pewter. Is a bit more shiny and more poorly done. Found about a years ago not far from the recent find.

Many thanks for looking!
Great finds. Congrats

OP
OP
Cape Hunter

Cape Hunter

May 17, 2019
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds neighbor- there's still so much to be found where we live- continued success to you!
That's Jeff! Cape was far behind in decent roads compared to Plymouth and beyond. I find remote trails that do not appear old but turn up just 1700 items and shotgun shells. Nothing in between. Pretty funny. How often do you go out?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. I do not know what i am doing wrong .I never have much luck on old trails or roads .

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well done Cape Hunter! Looks like you know your way around that neck of the woods. The complete shoe buckle is awesome. It blows my mind that it was found in the middle of a hiking trail. So many great finds still out there waiting to get hoovered up! Congrats to you!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's Jeff! Cape was far behind in decent roads compared to Plymouth and beyond. I find remote trails that do not appear old but turn up just 1700 items and shotgun shells. Nothing in between. Pretty funny. How often do you go out?
Not nearly enough! Been dealing with a couple of foot surgeries the last 13 months- hoping to start my season in a couple of weeks!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My first Jews harp.

Many thanks for looking!
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread