Recent finds

Mar 10, 2013
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1590258514.190635.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1590258548.737544.jpg

Upvote 0

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome collection you got there Im always looking for points havent had much luck.Where did you find those. Thanks for sharing those pretty cool......Tommy

OP
OP
tasmith@otelco.net
Mar 10, 2013
Yes, found them all in Blount County AL. From what I can best determine some predate our known Cherokee, Creek and Choctaw methods and materials. Have a huge collection of what I am assuming are stone tools. Thanks, and any information you can share will be tremendously appreciated!

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
we would have to see these one at a time close up to give you any useful info

TennTex

Tenderfoot
May 16, 2020
West Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Finds!

The Point Tdog circled is a classic gift shop Point sold for about a dollar

Not attempting to dismiss what you said, as you're incredibly knowledgeable, but why can't that just be an expediently made utilized flake? The material seems similar to several other pieces.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Insightful, thank you. I have zero experience with gift shop points so I was just asking a question. It resembles a tool more than a point to me

I just know from experience. There may be a remote chance it was just made on a flake, but most likely it's a gift shop trinket.

Here are some examples. The first set are made Obsidian but you can clearly see the similarities in them. The second picture is fuzzy but actually says gift shop points on the case.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    21.5 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    34.2 KB · Views: 38
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done, congrats! :occasion14:

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the absolute truth. I brought that piece to attention here for that very reason. We learn to recognize these over time.
The one above the circled point as well. That's why I hadn't posted on this thread.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thats amazing what a cool collection those would make for a great display Thanks for sharing them Im hoping to find my first one soon .....Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread