Recently Did DNA Testing...

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell everyone I know don't do DNA testing. You know with the crazy dumbed-down juries if your DNA happens to be at a crime scene they will try to pin it on you---Your DNA was found so you MUST be guilty. Anybody who thinks the justice system in this country is fair is totally misinformed. So-called "expert witnesses" are just professional B.S.'ers. Well, maybe I guess if someone is blaming you incorrectly for a pregnancy. LOL

While it hasn't happened yet, probably just a matter of time before insurance companies get control of this and if you have some sort of genetic defect there is big talk about them denying you insurance coverage "That's not covered!" or charge you exorbitant premiums. It may already be in the works and worse yet if govt take-over of the industry they could say "Sorry, we are not going to spend this much on you old fart. Take an aspirin and go die somewhere."

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep
In April 2018, California authorities revealed that they’d used " GEDmatch,"a novel investigative technique to arrest a man they called the Golden State Killer, a serial murderer who’d escaped capture for decades.

For the first time, police had submitted DNA from a crime scene into a consumer DNA database, where information about distant relatives helped them identify a suspect. if I remember right the suspect was a Cop ? Did he leave his DNA While investigating did he confess ?

What Wonders Me is How Close a match is "Close enough" For them to Pick you up AND spread it all over the news your a Suspect ?
& You know if your Cleared, very few news sources would consider that news worthy.
and most would just figured you beat the system."Got away with it"

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I have followed DNA testing for a long time. In the 1980's DNA identification for paternity was very poor. Today, the standards for putting a rapist or murderer away are very strict, and almost no chance of a mistake exists via DNA. The defense attorneys also know very well how it is done so there is little chance you will be nailed by mistake.

Wildbill31

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2021
Farris, OK
Detector(s) used
RicoMax (New)2021

Bounty Hunter (My first Detector) 1995-2001
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn’t take much now days with DNA 🧬. In GEDmatch, you have to authorize the use of your DNA to be used for criminal investigation and such. Just like any profession you have Geeks or SME (Subject Matter Expert) these folks can use reverse DNA. Instead of going back to find you Royal Ancestor, it drills down to find the he or she Subject of interest. I’ve done my family Genealogy since 1996. It’s fascinating to go back, but even more going downhill line to find out your kin to a friend of many years is a cousin.

Wildbill31

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2021
Farris, OK
Detector(s) used
RicoMax (New)2021

Bounty Hunter (My first Detector) 1995-2001
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everybody I would make sure you go back and check you’re DNA breakdown at least every six months. They update it constantly when they get a huge influx of DNA add mix to system. More people sampled from all over, clears up the water. It doesn’t mean you still don’t have trace amounts of DNA of a region that you don’t see anymore. It means it’s just that a trace. You’ll only see whole numbers 2% 45% nothing 0.0012% even though you have that trace amount. If you want to see that type of breakdown go to GEDmatch.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread