Recommend posts for The Best Of TreasureNet

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Feel free to let us know which posts you think should be here!

Please include the URL.

What are we looking for? Great (recent) finds, and great stories! (preferably BOTH!)

Please note: We regularly delete posts here in the "Recommend posts for The Best Of TreasureNet" page. Please don't think we're ignoring you, or are offended by your posts! We read every one, and consider them carefully, we just need to keep this page clear so we can see the most recent suggestions!

Thanks!

sabre15

Dec 14, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Discovery TF 900
This isn't actually a post nomination but seeing there are alot of newbies here, I don't know if you guys have done this before, but I would like to here from you guys on how this site came about and some of the trials and tribulations if there were any (just like treasure hunting). Maybe some stories from Jeff and the other moderators, but really it would be interesting to hear the story from the horses mouth such as who what why, you know what i mean, right?

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marc this is the perfect story for inclusion into The Best of Treasurenet

Fiance just lost her engagement ring in NYC Blizzard. Trying to find a metal det
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,378714.0.html

What a heartwarming story. It has everything, drama, suspense, tears, excitement, despair, sadness, joy.
A great story of md'ers coming together to benefit their fellow man.

Sincerely,
GG~

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Of course I think that a rare variety of a rare early US Half Dime belongs here in the Best of forum. The 1795 Flowing Hair Half Dime I found back in March is variety LM-3; less than 50 known to exist worth in excess of $6K. I have only seen three other 1795 Half Dimes posted, and none are as rare as the LM-3.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?topic=386971.0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This area of the forum (Best of TreasureNet) used to be reserved for the very best this site had ever seen in the way of Treasure. It appears that the section is now free for everyone and anyone to post (the "gold bars" with no back story from turkey, the "swift grave," etc.) I am hoping that the current site owners and moderators will continue to maintain this section as Reserved for the very best of the forum, delete the chaff that was not nominated to a spot here, and lock this so that folks cannot post here unless their threads are moved here for permanent display in what was once the most respected section of the forum. For example, the Barbarous Radiate Horad that David Beard found (currently in Today's Finds) belongs here. Not some of the posts that I see have been posted since the change of ownership of Tnet.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This forum is strictly for nominations of the best of Treasurenet finds....Please do not post everyday threads that belong somewhere else here as they will mostly just be deleted....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dane its not it wasn't good enough to be considered, problem is your post here was missed by the mods, my apologies..... I have forwared this up the ladder for consideration...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread