This is going to be my next shovel :)

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've bought the expensive "detector" shovels but I usually use a Orange Marbles MR392 $25 and never had a problem with it. (I only use a shovel in the fields though) Use a Lesche Knife for everything else.

I have not tried the Lesche 36" but I think that would be handy to carry on your hip. I carry my Marbles shovel in my off hand on my shoulder or to my side.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've bought the expensive "detector" shovels but I usually use a Orange Marbles MR392 $25 and never had a problem with it. (I only use a shovel in the fields though) Use a Lesche Knife for everything else.

I have not tried the Lesche 36" but I think that would be handy to carry on your hip. I carry my Marbles shovel in my off hand on my shoulder or to my side.

Same here E.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
predator tools is the best in my experience. Just wait until they have what you want.

Coinboy

Dec 4, 2019
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Nokta Makro Simplex, pulsedive, Garrett Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet
Predatortools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get the predator tools they work great

Chuck M

Greenie
Dec 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Anaconda NX5, 31". Its works great

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The bus shovel in my part of the woods is big red. I have to be honest I have broken every shovel I’ve ever had and each one was getting better and better and I could still break them. So I called up Predator and I’ll tell him I broke that last shovel and they were getting kind of fed up because they said what are you trying to dig and I said I dig and shell mounds Brick and oak tree roots. He said send me $20 and I’m a give you a shovel that will not break and if you break it don’t call anymore View recent photos 6.png
It’s a total beast

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bus shovel in my part of the woods is big red. I have to be honest I have broken every shovel I’ve ever had and each one was getting better and better and I could still break them. So I called up Predator and I’ll tell him I broke that last shovel and they were getting kind of fed up because they said what are you trying to dig and I said I dig and shell mounds Brick and oak tree roots. He said send me $20 and I’m a give you a shovel that will not break and if you break it don’t call anymore View attachment 1907234
It’s a total beast

Now that's pretty funny..

OP
OP
L

louisianaman

Jan 4, 2012
New Orleans Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex Plus,Garrett At-Pro, Tesoro Vaquero and Bandido 2 Micromax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want one unfortunately they are out of the Big Red without serrations. I will just wait. Thank you.

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a Predator Tools shovel for Christmas, the Phoenix version. I absolutely love it.
I see it's out of stock - it's worth the wait. I specifically got that model because of the shape of the plug it digs in grass.
The only thing I would change is that the blade length is 9" and I wish it was 11".

I also decided to make a personal customization - I attached my Lesche digging tool to the shaft of the Phoenix because I hated having the Lesche on my belt. And it makes sense - both tools are for digging. The Lesche being in this position does not interfere in any way with the digging action of the Phoenix.

JbgwrP7.jpg

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bus shovel in my part of the woods is big red. I have to be honest I have broken every shovel I’ve ever had and each one was getting better and better and I could still break them. So I called up Predator and I’ll tell him I broke that last shovel and they were getting kind of fed up because they said what are you trying to dig and I said I dig and shell mounds Brick and oak tree roots. He said send me $20 and I’m a give you a shovel that will not break and if you break it don’t call anymore View attachment 1907234
It’s a total beast
thats great, I too broke everything I owned until I got the predator. took me like 5 shovels before I got to the predator tools.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want one unfortunately they are out of the Big Red without serrations. I will just wait. Thank you.

I heard that was the shovel you were going for you you might as well have the serrations With all the routes we get into my shovel will go through a 1” root no problem. Let go hunt Sunday

Exhuminator

Jan 13, 2021
Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen people pay a lot of money for T shovels, the all metal super welded stuff. I guess that's good if you're digging through concrete. I've never had a shovel snap in regular dirt. So these two shovels work great for me and didn't cost $100+:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WXJJKWT/
-Works great for regular plug digging.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1CCIWH/
-I use this honker when I'm in the woods and have to dig through disagreeable roots.

blauer

Jun 17, 2014
Pennsylbama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II.
Primary Interest:
Other
I hunted with a friend recently and he let me use his shovel a Predator "Big Red" it seemed heavy but was built like a tank. I liked it but Predator is out of stock on it. Can y'all recommend a good shovel that is well made?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Tramontina-Project-Source-18-In-D-Grip-Short-Wood-Handle-Compact-Digging-Shovel/1002919542

I've been using this for that last 15 years:

100_1964[1].JPG

I also have a black one I pick up at Home Depot. Sharpen the edges and it cuts like a hot knife through butter.

OP
OP
L

louisianaman

Jan 4, 2012
New Orleans Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex Plus,Garrett At-Pro, Tesoro Vaquero and Bandido 2 Micromax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys I ordered the Big Red from Predator Tools

Top Member Reactions