Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We usually listen to an audiobook when we take a long drive.
Some good ones are:

anything written by Bill Bryson
Tales from Lake Wobegon by Garrison Keller
Blind Descent by Nevada Barr
Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy.....This one was OK. My hubby liked it more than I did. Not for kids.

Our all time favorite: A Painted House by John Grisham. We still talk about that book and it's characters. It was a memorable story.

Do you have any recommendations for audiobooks that would be interesting for the whole family?

S

stefen

Just returned from a 2 week road trip...and I agree, books-on-tape (Audiobooks) are the best.

In fact that was the only way I could crank up the volumn to cover Cristina's snoring.

Just kidding...she just whistles ;D

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
I have never listened to books on tape yet. Sounds pretty interesting I might need to try that on my next trip, grab some from the library and give it a whirl.

Gotta put it on pause though when Savage is on. LoL Savage is pretty entertaining, still have not decided if I like him or what he is saying or hate it, but entertaining all the same.

Rev

lionhrt9

Dec 10, 2005
NW Indiana, there's silver in dem grounds!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab (Xterra50) and Garrett (Ace 250)<-Gone to dad in Montana
angles and demons and da vinci code. Makes the miles fly. Funny thing is i have bounced back and forth from book to book and listen to them 3 times. Ohio to IN, IN to Ohio over and over.

TogaMario

Greenie
Jul 2, 2007
Hartsville, SC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry Pratchett (Discworld) books are amazingly funny to listen to on long trips. The Discworld books that I've read include Guards! Guards!, The Amazing Maurice, Mort, and Small Gods. For the most part, the British humor is just awesome.

t0t41n00b

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2007
Fairview, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000/Di
I agree with Postalrevnant about the Michael Savage cause for pause. He is the bomb.

As for audio books, the only one I've listened to is the Art of War by Sun Tzu. It's pretty entertaining.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Richard Jury mysteries by Martha Grimes....The Old Wine Shades is our favorite. Great on audio.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread