Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can say yes my detecting finds have more than paid for my detectors, well at least the first two i purchased back in 2010, my wife and i purchased a old home site that the house on that site was built in 1889 so it had plenty of history but the only history we could ever find out about it was two bank robbers had been arrested in the house, in the fifties so we purchased two detectors the AT PRO and a Xterra 705, the AT pro had just come to market we started detecting the back yard which was around 3/4 of an acre we literally gridded the yard off using a string line and flags, and proceded to detect the back yard for over a year found many great finds, one day I decided to hunt under the house in the crawl space which had a dirt floor, it was large enough that once you were inside you could literally stand up and swing a detector I went in with the Xterra 705 and got a signal that was jumping all over the place, at that time I dug everything because I was still in the learning process of learning the language the 705 was speaking, I got a signal that like i said was jumping all over the place, I dug it up and what I found was a box some one had buried, believe me I was shaking like a leaf in a whirl wind,the box was pretty heavy, I waited until I got out of the crawl space to even look inside the box once out I called my wife down to the basement which was attached to the crawl space so she could share in my excitement when we opened the box what was inside literally paid for both detectors which we had purchased about a year earlier.
The one thing that find did to me was when someone tells me they know their realitives burried money back a long time ago I tend to believe what I was told and do not question any longer.

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's a lot of different ways you can enjoy this hobby.
Old coin hunting, clad coins, relics, beach hunting for jewelry, gold nugget hunting, etc.

I know that many people get a lot of satisfaction out of having their machine pay for itself with what they find.

Most of us that hunt for the older coins and relics are not trying to make a profit.
If I sold all the old coins and relics that I've found, I could easily buy any new metal detector I wanted.

The personal connection, the "flash back in time" you get and memories you have from digging very old coins and relics is worth a hundred times more than what you could ever sell them for.

Good Hunting !

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know and really don't care. I've bought guns, bows, boats. They all give me joy, peace and quiet (mentally, if not literally), the detectors are at least recouping some of the cost. And the hunting stuff fills the freezer (if I had to pay for the venison, etc. it would be more than the tools).

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt relics and coin shoot. I've found quite a few relics and coins worth a bit, including a Gold ring that was almost a full ounce of 14kt . That's the only thing I have ever parted with to get My Equinox 800. Everything I find I put in the proper holders and just store them. Keepsakes 😁
As for making enough to pay off all of my machines, it doesn't really matter . The enjoyment that I get out of the hunts and the incredible people I've met in this Journey is More than enough.
I know it's almost always in everyone's mind to be able to find that reimbursement find to pay off their machine, but the enjoyment and peace of mind from this hobby shouldn't be overlooked!!! Happy Hunting!!
I used to have a WHITES Eagle II SL It was a great machine. I sold it maybe 30 years ago. The guy that bought it STILL USES it and loves it .

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I used to have a WHITES Eagle II SL It was a great machine. I sold it maybe 30 years ago. The guy that bought it STILL USES it and loves it .
I totally agree with you on that machine, it was great.
Used mine for years till the car was stolen and recovered some months later empty.
The Whites carrying bag looked like a gun case, and probably a perp. saw me locking it in truck, and boosted the car.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread