Reddies second Pocket Watch Fob !!

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Reddie's second Pocket Watch Fob !!

Just a short hunt today but a good one ! Found my second pocket watch fob ! Its says "Sea Foul The foul that lays the golden egg" .the back says complements of The American Agricultural Chemical Company Baltimore M.D. .Does anyone have any idea what the saying means ? i mean sea gulls laying the golden egg ??? Also a large rhinestone silverplated brooch that is just wonderful ! .It has CORO on the back . ;D. And one fishing lure tail.....not too bad for a short hunt !!

Attachments

• finds.JPG
    finds.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 787
  • fob1.JPG
    fob1.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 807
Upvote 0

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Reddie's second Pocket Watch Fob !!

great finds ! i dont know what they are other then the fishing lure but i will be interested in what you find out on the others , congrats ;)

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250

I can't help on identifying your other stuff but if you put a treble hook on that Little Cleo you can catch trout and salmon with it...they love Little Cleos! Great finds.

Abbey

Aug 15, 2006
Eastern Shore, MD
Detector(s) used
Discovery200

Just a guess here, but putting 2 and 2 together....fish...chemical co....fertilizers...fish poo? If fish are 'laying' golden eggs- to the agri. business, that might be fish poo as fertilizer. What do y'all think about that?

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005

Abbey said:
Just a guess here, but putting 2 and 2 together....fish...chemical co....fertilizers...fish poo? ...might be fish poo as fertilizer. What do y'all think about that?

Interesting guess! However, I think it was more likely a sea fowl guano-based fertilizer.

Abbey

Aug 15, 2006
Eastern Shore, MD
Detector(s) used
Discovery200

PBK said:
Abbey said:
Just a guess here, but putting 2 and 2 together....fish...chemical co....fertilizers...fish poo? ...might be fish poo as fertilizer. What do y'all think about that?

Interesting guess! However, I think it was more likely a sea fowl guano-based fertilizer.

I think I latched on to the word 'foul' (being gross stuff) and not as you spelled it- 'fowl' (being poultry), and figured, maybe...dredgings, perhaps? But who knows? They may have changed the spelling somewhere along the way! Again, just guessing ;)

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm with PBK on this one - Bird Guano is one of the sources of agricultural phosphate and is still big business. Hundreds of thousands of tonnes is still being mined per year from a few islands in the south west pacific alone let alone other places in the world.

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Nice fob...

looks like its in great condition too!! Congrats!

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2

Abbey said:
PBK said:
Abbey said:

I think I latched on to the word 'foul' (being gross stuff) and not as you spelled it- 'fowl' (being poultry), and figured, maybe...dredgings, perhaps? But who knows? They may have changed the spelling somewhere along the way! Again, just guessing ;)

Glad you pointed that out i misspelled it ! It FOWL not FOUL !!

R

RUDY2003

Intresting huntin' location you got there Red.....

Keep safe and keep diggin'...

Abbey

Aug 15, 2006
Eastern Shore, MD
Detector(s) used
Discovery200

Ah-Ha! I see it now (need better glasses, I do!) Thanks for the education, Harry. If ya don't learn something new every day, the day just isn't worth it! ;D
(and a very cool and unusual fob, by the way, Reddie! Nice work ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread