Redding Connecticut - Historical Resource

EdleBrock

Nov 5, 2007
First post here. I've read this site off and on for a few years, finally registering a couple of weeks ago. I enjoy all the posts, "Todays Finds", "Best Finds", "Best of..." and Cache Hunting" being my favorites...guess I've been living vicariously through all of you.

So, anyway, I was reading a thread on something found in the Seattle area, looked like a "Sacred Heart", piece of cast or forged artwork...I can't find the thread right now, but while google'ing up some information I ran across the following web site...I have no idea how I ended up there...

It's about the history of the Redding Connecticut area. There are links to old home sites, including dates, old schools, churches, Indian paths, etc, somewhere on there is a map...anyway...

To cut to the chase here's the link, I'm on the other side of the country and thought some of the Connecticut peeople might be interested...possibly old news but heck...here it is...and thanks again for all the great stories and information that flows through this site...

History of Redding - http://www.historyofredding.com/index.html

The information at the Georgetown link on that site has the Historic Homes:

Historic Homes - http://www.historyofredding.com/HGhomes.htm

And for a little eye-candy, here's that map..

clarks_1856_small.jpg

Clark's Map of 1856 showing where boundaries meet and W. Bates homestead
location (center, mid-graphic). In addition shows homes and business along
Old Mill Road and Georgetown.

A person could spend a couple hours just reasearching on that site.

Good luck to all.

Jim

OP
OP
E

EdleBrock

Nov 5, 2007
Copperhead said:
thanks for the info and links Edlebrock....and welcome to Tnet..

Thanks Copperhead. I live in the SW but it seems the majority of history is back East. If you're in CT I hope that info helps a bit, I couldn't pass up logging it here for the CT guys, in fact a member by the name of "Connecticut Danny" PM'd be about this info...he's hoping to meet some of the CT guys. The people on this forum sure seem friendly compared to others.

regards,

Jim

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info. I am both Connecticut Danny and Connecticut Sam. I am still looking for friends to search parks and beaches in and around Bridgeport. I have a detector, but, no car.

[email protected]

john819

Jan 17, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live right around the corner from old mill rd redding

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the info. Lots of history in Redding, including a Revolutionary War encampment which is now Putnam Park. MDing there is strictly prohibited. We used to camp there when I was in the Boy Scouts in the early 60s. I remember one of the guys found a rusted old gun barrel. We were too young to appreciate the significance of it and I have no idea how old it was. What a shame. Again, thanks for thinking of us Connecticut Yankees.
HH
dts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread