Relocating

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ck; Sorry to hear that. Crime is Everywhere. Maybe you can form a Neighborhood Watch Group. Then all of you can report ANY strangers or strange activities in your area. It's so bad here I am moving myself and I carry. Sadly I had to use it 8 months ago. Thank God I did not have to actually shoot the scum but I held him until the cops arrived. It's gotten real bad in Boston due to the rate of Rents here. $2500 a Month for a SINGLE bed, shared bathroom & kitchen and the whole apt is about 20' x 20'. That's no bull. It's CRAZY. Folks are leaving in droves. May God help us all. I'll pray for you. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

OP
OP
T

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of months ago a group of people emptied out a house on the next road over from me while that family that lived there was on vacation. The thieves first went there with a pickup truck and loaded all they could and then they went back with a big moving truck and loaded up everything else. I know this because all of us out here have security cameras but it doesn't do much good because the people get right back out or never even get arrested even though they are on video breaking into someone's home. The sad thing is the cops spend more time harassing innocent people here than they do actually looking for criminals. I took my dog out one night to use the bathroom because he is trained and a cop spotlighted me and my dog the entire time we were walking around my yard. Finally the cop decided to stop and sit in his car right by the fence and he opened his door and stepped out and was talking to himself because I could hear him saying that he knew he saw something moving but he didn't know what it was and he kept asking if there was someone there. That's when I took a step toward him and he screamed a cuss word and jumped back in his car and sped off. It didn't occur to me until he sped off that he wasn't able to see me or my dog who is a pit bull until we walked right into his spotlight so he must have just been seeing shadows that whole time.

OP
OP
T

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My neighbors and I all have guns as well but these guys watch us and wait until no one is home before they show up. My neighbor across the road had someone steal his atv one night. Whoever took it took the atv and the trailer. Someone even tried to steal my wife's car right out of our yard once but I saw them out there and I ran out with gun in hand and they peeled out and almost slammed into the telephone pole across the street trying to get away.

OP
OP
T

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not only moving because of crime. I am moving because I no longer like it where I am because of the crime and because of all the drugs in the area and because there just isn't any work here. I am going to start my own business officially when I get settled in to my new place.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Oklahoma and woke up this morning with my sons cars out front all four tires on both slit wide open. We live in a decent neighborhood but crime is getting to be everywhere.

OP
OP
T

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd never live in Oklahoma because you get too many tornadoes there. I have family that lives in your state but I hate tornadoes because I got caught in the major tornado outbreak that one year and I went through 4 tornadoes and almost got crushed by a falling tree.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi CK; Yup, It's PAST time to move out. That area will die a slow, painful death because the politicians & police don't give a damn. Move out & leave them to their misery ok. Good Luck in your new venture. PEACE:RONB

OP
OP
T

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the town is gonna end up growing a lot once the brand new Wal Mart supercenter and all these other new stores and restaurants open that they are planning but right now there is no work.

OP
OP
T

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm having a hard time making up my mind which town I am moving to. I want to move to a town that was right in the thick of things back during the gold rush days but I don't want to move to a big city.

OP
OP
T

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have someone trying to convince me to move back to New Mexico or Colorado but I don't see that happening.

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ck; Sorry to hear that. Crime is Everywhere. Maybe you can form a Neighborhood Watch Group. Then all of you can report ANY strangers or strange activities in your area. It's so bad here I am moving myself and I carry. Sadly I had to use it 8 months ago. Thank God I did not have to actually shoot the scum but I held him until the cops arrived. It's gotten real bad in Boston due to the rate of Rents here. $2500 a Month for a SINGLE bed, shared bathroom & kitchen and the whole apt is about 20' x 20'. That's no bull. It's CRAZY. Folks are leaving in droves. May God help us all. I'll pray for you. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

WHAT?!?!

Warnberg

Jan 2, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Californiakid.... look at Dunsmuir, Mt Shasta area.. grew up there.. not sure about work wise, pretty small towns.. yreka may hold more employment opportunities.

Last edited:

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for a town with only 28 thousand thats a lot of crime, but kern county covers a large area, lots of unemployment which lends to lots of crime.
Areas with the lowest crime seem to have the lowest unemployment.

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta fors gold plus, tesoro lobo supertraq, Makro gold racer, Nokta Makro Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Techapi, CA or Bear valley springs which is in Techapi was very nice. Sure you have HOAs and fees but it's gated and cheap and nextdoor to Mohave. Stallion springs might be another one to look at too.

OP
OP
T

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things didn't turn out like I thought when I posted this. I now have 2 residences and I'm about to add a 3rd home in either GA or AL because I want to be able to get out there and find the older stuff.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So are you going to be the Georgia kid or Alabama kid? maybe the GeorAlBamkid?

OP
OP
T

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I'm keeping my homes in LA and Vegas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread