Remorse :

ink

Mar 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May I ask do any of you professional Dutch Hunters feel any guilt or remorse for contributing too or maybe responsible for the deaths of approx. 100 deaths that actually believed your comments concerning the fabled "Lost Dutchman Mine"?? Just asking for a family that just lost a family member searching for your fable "LosT Dutchman Mine"cornors report death too a venimous snake bite. Bless your hearts & please continue too spread the falacy of the dutchman's utopia.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a treasure forum where tales of treasure are discussed, no more responsible for a death than a tv show about camping in the wilds.

If you have a problem with a thread then dont read it,

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no matter what one is seeking, ( treasure, a nice hike) if you go into any environment without taking proper precautions you are just stupid

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sorry for your loss. What kind of snake was it?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Neither pro ,nor much of a Dutch hunter here , but never say never...

I am against anyone drowning.
I am all for fishing , and swimming , and boating.

My limits get tested at times in the woods too. Should nature overwhelm me ,so be it. It will at least be in my element , as opposed to the last time I had a narrow second chance.

My condolences to those who lost their family member to snake bite. One of many dangers outdoors. Yet one too many in this case.

When one strikes out from their home ,risks are run. Why that person sets forth is often up to that person. Yet ,we go.

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
actually I bet searching for anything in the wilderness is better than walking the streets of chicago on a weekend

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I warn any I can about the pitfalls of hiking in the heat. The most common death in Arizona is heat stroke. I've experienced it in beginning and advanced form. Believe me you don't want to over heat in the desert! I always take precautions and I always drink water before I get out there. That last video I did in 114 degree heat I had a gallon of water just to hike a little over a mile in there and a mile back. The problem is not bringing water with you in that heat. It's the fact the water gets so hot it heats your core when you drink it!

The water can make you sick!

Even in the Winter out here people die of heat stroke. Just hiking or jogging. Right in the middle of town or on a short trail up a mountain. Just happened a year ago to someone we all knew. Sorry for your loss. But don't blame the legend if it wasn't the LDM it would be another hobby.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
May I ask do any of you professional Dutch Hunters feel any guilt or remorse for contributing too or maybe responsible for the deaths of approx. 100 deaths that actually believed your comments concerning the fabled "Lost Dutchman Mine"?? Just asking for a family that just lost a family member searching for your fable "LosT Dutchman Mine"cornors report death too a venimous snake bite. Bless your hearts & please continue too spread the falacy of the dutchman's utopia.

No, not at all, Do you feel responsible for all the crazy people that have to take the INK blot test!
I would assume some one who would suggest something like that suffers from low self-esteem and paranoid delusions.
or just a foolish person, just asking for a crazy person who just lost a family member to being Crazy!

Woooooooooooooe DB

Babymick1

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ink,

Wanting to blame everything and everybody BUT the person who went into something very dangerous, unprepared.

First; most people that have actually put the time in researching the subject firmly believe Jacob Waltz had a source of rich gold.

Second; This is just like a story from California. In the late 1960s, Treasure Magazine printed a story about Spanish looters burying millions of dollars of treasure near the Confluence or Carrizo Creek and San Felipe Creek in the Anza-Borrego Desert. Some guy went out there (in June) in his VW Beetle. He only took one quart of water with him. When his VW overheated and seized, he was left to walk many miles with only a quart of water. His family found the car a few days later. His body wasnt found for a couple of months.

The history of treasure hunting is full of people who have died after going someplace they thought they could just walk into and dig up a treasure. Greed is a beeyach, HUH?

Mike

EDIT:

HAHAHA Okay Treasure Hunter, you got me. Forgot about the no politics rule. Been a while.

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Ink,

Wanting to blame everything and everybody BUT the person who went into something very dangerous, unprepared.

First; most people that have actually put the time in researching the subject firmly believe Jacob Waltz had a source of rich gold.

Second; This is just like a story from California. In the late 1960s, Treasure Magazine printed a story about Spanish looters burying millions of dollars of treasure near the Confluence or Carrizo Creek and San Felipe Creek in the Anza-Borrego Desert. Some guy went out there (in June) in his VW Beetle. He only took one quart of water with him. When his VW overheated and seized, he was left to walk many miles with only a quart of water. His family found the car a few days later. His body wasnt found for a couple of months.

The history of treasure hunting is full of people who have died after going someplace they thought they could just walk into and dig up a treasure. Greed is a beeyach, HUH?

Mike
basically there are way too many idiots in the world

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
I reckon everbody is responsible fer their own actions. That includes anyone that goes in unprepared AS WELL as them that knowingly spred false information that leads to this kinda tragedy. Jest my 2 cents.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel bad for the snake. :skullflag:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's the problem with folks today. Everyone is responsible for everyone else's mistakes. I'm not responsible for your or anyone's blunders & mistakes. And no one else is responsible for any dumb mistakes I make period!! Read the news. The serial killer was not to blame or at fault. But his parents & everyone around him is to blame!?!? You're responsible for your own mistakes! Made a mistake? Own it - learn & fix it!

OP
OP
I

ink

Mar 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Rileygeat advice thanks.

OP
OP
I

ink

Mar 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
I see more snakes up in the bushes than on the ground. It's cooler and they may snag a bird. Tom K was bit when he worked at the ranch. The snake was up in a tree. Tom was tying off his horse and was nailed in the hand. Be very careful if there is water nearby!

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People make their own choices. Are those who tell ghost stories responsible for someone falling through a rotted floor in an attempt to`document a haunting?
Should folks not speak at all of anything unproven.
You are making an incredible leap in blaming these specific people.
Unfortunate for the poor fellow.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I see more snakes up in the bushes than on the ground. It's cooler and they may snag a bird. Tom K was bit when he worked at the ranch. The snake was up in a tree. Tom was tying off his horse and was nailed in the hand. Be very careful if there is water nearby!

Dappled sunlight. They like to move in and out of the shade to regulate their body temperature - changes with the seasons and time of day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread