renewed member

Shoelady72

Tenderfoot
Jul 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am Charlie, 74, 3 years living with cancer, multiple myeloma. 18 months in remission.
Before I got sick, i believe I located the whereabouts of the Genna buried treasure.
I contacted Expedition Unknown and actually talked at length with an executive
producer. He was impressed with my research. To bring Josh Gates to look for the
buried treasure, he needed two things, the provenance of the article where the body
guard says they came to Bremen, etc. And he wants the name of the bodyguard.
I believe this would be a great shot in the arm for treasurenet. I spent several years
researching this and believe I have the location. This would be the greatest episode
ever if the box were found. Please help me. Read the article, find where it was in,
and give me the name of the bodyguard. I still have my connections to Josh Gates.
Send me an email with any info. Thanks, Charlie

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Charlie!

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, have you read the article about buried gangster loot in Bremen? I love 8 miles away. I need the name of the bodyguard and where the article was published. Any help appreciated. These were the Genna brothers, suppliers of booze to Al Capone.
Where is the article? is there a link somewhere ...

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I did some quick research on this and can't place any of the Genna gang near Bremen. I will keep looking but so far no articles in the newspaper from those areas so much as mention any of them. "Maybe out of fear"? Hard to say but the local paper dis publish this. One thing I can tell for sure they were bad company.
1649688535625.png

1649688643632.png

OP
OP
S

Shoelady72

Tenderfoot
Jul 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found it in 10 lost treasures of Indiana. It's about 2 paragraphs long and details burying metal box with millions inside off a remote road in 1925. Someone previously asked why Genna did not come back. He left the country according to the Chicago Tribune. He returned in 1929 and was arrested getting off the boat. He died couple years later of heart problems. That's why the bodyguard waited. FIB came in 1935 on word of informant but couldn't find it. I know a lot more. If we find the provenance of article, we have a shot at being on Expedition Unknown. That's my goal.
I cannot find the original article. The Genna buried
treasure is mentioned in many articles. I spent two years researching this. The articles always mentioned a buried metal box full of loot. The driver
said he was a mile east and mile south of bremen.
The articles about Genna have the year wrong for
the burial. It was actually 1925. I probably know more about the Gennas than anyone. I truly believe
I have located it. Any more questions please ask

OP
OP
S

Shoelady72

Tenderfoot
Jul 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I did some quick research on this and can't place any of the Genna gang near Bremen. I will keep looking but so far no articles in the newspaper from those areas so much as mention any of them. "Maybe out of fear"? Hard to say but the local paper dis publish this. One thing I can tell for sure they were bad company.
View attachment 2020373
View attachment 2020374
That's a great article you found. I am still looking for the one where the driver tells where they buried the box. This was after Capone had 3
View attachment 2020373
View attachment 2020374
great article. Genna was making 100k month. He crossed Capone and 3 brothers were killed. I think I might have a copy of the article with the driver. Will let you know.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, have you read the article about buried gangster loot in Bremen? I love 8 miles away. I need the name of the bodyguard and where the article was published. Any help appreciated. These were the Genna brothers, suppliers of booze to Al Capone.
I have, but not too in-depth. It's worth a field check tho if the landowners grant permission.
I research the purple gang and like related people in my area.
Jon

OP
OP
S

Shoelady72

Tenderfoot
Jul 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have, but not too in-depth. It's worth a field check tho if the landowners grant permission.
I research the purple gang and like related people in my area.
Jon
I had the owners permission and did some detecting but in wrong place. This happened maybe 4+ years ago.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Josh Gates has never found ANYTHING!! Why would you think he might find something? Entertaining TV show for some, but he only looks for treasures that either don't exist or never were there (legends). He has never found a dang thing, he makes money from the show which is just that, a TV show.

OP
OP
S

Shoelady72

Tenderfoot
Jul 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally found the article. But, it stands alone, no publication title. It is titled "missing millions
in mafia loot." I think I could send it to you in an email. If I can find out where this article came
from, I can convince Expedition Unknown to come and help find it. I previously talked with a
producer, and that is what they wanted. Thanks

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasurenet Shoelady

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Josh Gates has never found ANYTHING!! Why would you think he might find something? Entertaining TV show for some, but he only looks for treasures that either don't exist or never were there (legends). He has never found a dang thing, he makes money from the show which is just that, a TV show.
Gunsil your WRONG !! Josh has found a VERY NICE INCOME from television Producers !!1 LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread