Rescearching possible treasure ship

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a question for any of u fly boys .. In oct 44 during the great turkey shoot in the Philippines ..if u looked down from your b-24 at a small port and seen a light cruiser , destroyer and a hospital ship would u drop your load or pass ..Am trying to understand y the bxstard gang did what they did ..Am new here trying to finish research on possible site that my grand father and dad started ..

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a question for any of u fly boys .. In oct 44 during the great turkey shoot in the Philippines ..if u looked down from your b-24 at a small port and seen a light cruiser , destroyer and a hospital ship would u drop your load or pass ..Am trying to understand y the bxstard gang did what they did ..Am new here trying to finish research on possible site that my grand father and dad started ..

Probably depends on a combination of orders, the person, and how many of their friends died that day/week. Hard to give an answer to something like that.

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
Renantagum30 ...northern part of the island where u live ..my dad says to be a great treasure hunter one must know the history 100% ..the history has been forgotten ...B-24 flew east along the Sulu sea to Dapitan then North ..Pt boats watched between northern Mindanao and Negros..

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
Tpmetal .. following Orders like u mention is #1 reason am guessing ...My Dad told me hospital ships at sea were fair game to sink and in port to many witnesses ..

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
Never said one was ... thanks for the info but maybe there was a 26th ship that was any way am not looking for a Hospital ship never was .. my dad and grand father said hospital ships were to busy after the turkey shot to bother with treasure ..only one ship made it back to Japan from this area of the war

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
The story my grand father told was the b-24s flew over the port and they didn't drop there load ..History says that the light cruiser and destroyer were there and later spotted by a pt boat .. Rumor and years later people in the area said that a hospital ship was in this area ..My dad told me he could never prove 100% that the hospital ship existed ..History says that 150 Navy boys fought along with 1000 army boys in Southern Negros .. My dad could never prove 100% which ship they came off when it sunk ..My dad said that there had to be a hospital ship for the 2 fleets in one of the biggest turkey shoots of the war ..I don't know were to start because this happen almost 77 years ago.. I read all my dads notes and figures and i agree that history might be wrong .. My dad has located a small craft probably landing craft , there was 2 other boats sunk in this area a coastal patrol boat feb 7 1942 and i think one of the 6 Pt boats which hid out in this area in 1942 there was what my dad described as docking blocks for low draft boats in 2 sites ..In my dad notes he mentions 3 21" mark 13 torpedo and 37mm gun . i some movie the americans walked to cebu from this area from a pt boat .. well i hope that gives u some idea but a whole fleet from japan past this area and only one made it home ..

Eric_ejera

May 28, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hellow everyone I am from in Philippines at negros oriental island. I heard your talkin about the ships, maybe my information helps you where is the ships.
According to my friends and neighbors that i asking about the ships the ship is deepest under the sea "in bisaya term " was deep down "naa sa kantel" or a big hole under the sea. Because of ww2 the ship is going down, my friends said, their are many gold boxes inside the ships. Screenshot_2021-09-10-16-00-47-39.jpg Screenshot_2021-09-10-16-01-25-97.jpg

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
The spot you show in the water (100 feet marker 67 ? ) if i remember right is probably a US landing craft (victor 2 ) ) that was used to attack the other location you marked inland (Cave made by Japanese ) . What was described to my dad by fishermen .. If not that It could be one of the 6 US pt boats . the fishermen said its not a big boat . If its japanese its very small or row row . What they Said its not a US CPB , not a Jap cruiser , nor a Hospital ship . If i remember right the mark 8 were were in the 70's mileage marker area. Where am looking is off the Siaton river area in deeper water . Last place the CPB , Lt cruiser , and the hospital were seen . Im figuring there was a big cover up on what really happened with one of those fast craft may be friendly fire ? So during the war with censorship nothing ever sunk in this area . That Pt 41 guy is famous for cover ups here and korea . Am trying to find the exact base for the CPB might of been pirates cove siaton . And those fast boats was Zamboanguita . Good Luck

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
The search area is highway 50 marker to 75 marker . The Patrol Craft am guessing is 173 feet long 284 tons steel hull
light cruiser is 550 feet long with 3 stacks . And the hospital ship ??? 200 to 500 feet long . Any info would be helpful

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread