Research

bja3908

Aug 19, 2006
galveston tx
Back in the 1960's I was new to T. H. ever new lead I got I was off to hunt for it. After a few years of mostly empty holes I meet a oldtimer who had made a good living T.H. for over 30 years, remember this was before M.DEC so he did it the hard way.After a few week of friendship he told me the secert to t.h. was reseach hell I knew that Kear Von Muller taught us all that. He said when he researched a lead he tried to prove it was not there. If he had any doubt about it he just past it up and went on to something else. After that talk my research changed to provind that my lead was false, this lead to less road trips but also less empty holes. I guess I am the oldtimer now so must pass on some of what I know.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=bja3908 . He said when he researched a lead he tried to prove it was not there. If he had any doubt about it he just past it up and went on to something else.

I agree, but on some it cannot be poven one way or the other. such was the case wth Tayopa. An illegal or hidden mine to start with, effectively no records, plus being some 400 years back ----? Many clues both ways, separating them was the secret.

Tropical Tramp

OP
OP
bja3908

bja3908

Aug 19, 2006
galveston tx
Tramp
I agree to a point, but I hunt new last 100 years or so treasure so most anything can be proved one way or another. A little story to prove my point, about 3 years ago a man [jerry] was sent to me to help him find $40,000 his grandfather hid on the family farm. Jerry had spent 10 years looking for it only to came up with 0.
I got all the info from him and in 2 weeks thou bank and county records proved his GF never had or could get $400 together at one time. His GF was not a outlaw and infact I do not think he ever got more the 50 mile from his farm.Jerry was not happy with my findings and stills spends all his time looking for something that is just not there.

Bobby

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi BJA, I competely agree with you. In cases where it can be proven, do it! After that it enters into a shaddowy land where truth is easily outweighed by myths, legends and hopes.

Shaddup Cannon! hhehehe.

Tropical Tramp

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread