RETURN TO THE LOST ADAM'S DIGGINGS The Paul A. Hale Story by Richard U. French

dougachim

Jan 30, 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone read this book? I just read it. They seemed to find everything but the gold. I would be interested in what others think of the book.
I have read it My buddy was involved in the search. They did find gold just not exactly where the mine was. The ranch sold and they are still trying to get back on.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
There have been many published tellings of this tale during the past 150 years. Here are some of the original "majors", dating from players during the era. There are many more. This chart comes from a 25-page paper I wrote on the subject a few years ago which contains a lot of detail supporting a thumbnail LAD summary I posted last month on another TNet LAD thread (Current Map ...). One of my projects is to expand that paper into book form with much more detail and documentation.
LAD.png

The immediate problem for the LAD curious is that there is wild variation, contradiction and confusion infecting the many pieces of "source data". Modern day solvers of the mystery tend to cherry pick their favorite version and build a "solution" to the enigma by gathering favored testimony, landmarks, etc and fitting the "evidence" to some specific location in the southwest where the gold allegedly came from. Problem is that none of the solutions are in locations that have or ever have had placer gold deposits that can be demonstrated to remotely match the descriptions in the original tellings of the story. The books are generally well-written and enjoyable for the most part, but there's never any beef in the cheeseburger - at least enough to convince an open-minded reader who expects tangible results.

Here's a map of the "proven" LAD locations offered by modern sleuths. Pick your poison.
Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 5.59.39 AM.png

OP
OP
S

Steamboat

Feb 20, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have read it My buddy was involved in the search. They did find gold just not exactly where the mine was. The ranch sold and they are still trying to get back on.
I could very well be wrong, but isn't all that land public land? Ranches in NM have very little private land. Most of their land is leased BLM or State land.

dougachim

Jan 30, 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could very well be wrong, but isn't all that land public land? Ranches in NM have very little private land. Most of their land is leased BLM or State land.
Not all of them, this one is big and private. We have ted turner. Then we have epstein, he got to buy a big private ranch right in the middle of one of our x governor kings giant ranches, got a waiver not to have to register as a sex offender here in New Mexico and all he had to do was take little girls to the governor's mansion.

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
i have the book, found it very real, lotsa research went into it. no gold, gee, whata surprise. i still liked the book.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread