Return to the woods a detour took me past. Key spill, 4 silvers and another Amber bottle , but a lot older than last time.

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab X-Terra 505 with stock coil or 18.75khz elliptical coil depending upon the site. Upgraded to Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes I get on a site and theme presents itself. This time it happened to be keys, silver and big amber bottles. The dirt is rough around the ruins though so the mercs are chewed. One is a 1926 the other has no date but a Denver mint mark obviously a 1916d 😆 Surprised the 1944p war nickel isn't chewed up. The little trime sized coin I'm pretty sure broke via my shovel 🤬. I'm just happy it wasn't a trime. It's a 1932 80% silver South African 3 pence. It is super thin. Not at all rare for that year. It's worth basically scrap but hey it's something different. On the way I tripped over the killgore avenger cap gun and all those elgin keys. Near the keys I dug a few clock plates and accidentally hit a surface dump. Made a mental note to open it up when I had more time. Only whole bottle is 1890s Ozomulsion 8.5 inch variation. Saved by the roots keeping it pitched so no water got in it. Was a chore getting it free.

Marble and brass wedding band came from indian spill site.

Ceramic shard, spoon and pressed lead flower pattern item came from a creek I'll go to when it floods. Lot of shards though I can't find the source. Not loaded with good detector finds but if you u detect in knee deep water or less stuff comes out.

Anyone know what the pressed lead thing is?

Attachments

• 20220521_225733.jpg
    20220521_225733.jpg
    819.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 20220521_172020.jpg
    20220521_172020.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 88
  • 20220517_132504.jpg
    20220517_132504.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 64
  • 20220518_105338.jpg
    20220518_105338.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 89
Upvote 15

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I get on a site and theme presents itself. This time it happened to be keys, silver and big amber bottles. The dirt is rough around the ruins though so the mercs are chewed. One is a 1926 the other has no date but a Denver mint mark obviously a 1916d 😆 Surprised the 1944p war nickel isn't chewed up. The little trime sized coin I'm pretty sure broke via my shovel 🤬. I'm just happy it wasn't a trime. It's a 1932 80% silver South African 3 pence. It is super thin. Not at all rare for that year. It's worth basically scrap but hey it's something different. On the way I tripped over the killgore avenger cap gun and all those elgin keys. Near the keys I dug a few clock plates and accidentally hit a surface dump. Made a mental note to open it up when I had more time. Only whole bottle is 1890s Ozomulsion 8.5 inch variation. Saved by the roots keeping it pitched so no water got in it. Was a chore getting it free.

Ceramic shard, spoon and pressed lead flower pattern item came from a creek I'll go to when it floods. Lot of shards though I can't find the source. Not loaded with good detector finds but if you u detect in knee deep water or less stuff comes out.

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cap gun is killer! Love the marble too... Nice assortment of finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread