Returned - Bucketlister!!! First class ring.

richardson

Jan 8, 2014
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus;
Nokta Makro Anfibio;
Garrett AT Pro;
Tesoro Vaquero;
Fisher F5;
Whites Eagle Spectrum - Started it all
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
123_1(1).jpeg

Attachments

• 123_1(2).jpeg
    123_1(2).jpeg
    487.8 KB · Views: 189
  • 20211127_165658.jpg
    20211127_165658.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 156
Upvote 25

kac

Aug 4, 2021
North East
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Seahunter MKII, Apex, Makro Multi Kruzer, Tesoro Tejon. Started with a BH Tracker 505 back in early 90's.
Nokta Pulse Pointer and Minelab Profind 35.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good! Found a class ring last year, found the owner and he had lost it 55 years ago.
I found his initials matched a name in a yearbook pic. Found the name then found different addresses he had and phones that were all not working. For kicks I popped a letter in the mail to last known address asking if he lost anything of value in the park. 1 week later I got a call.

Best of luck!

OP
OP
richardson

richardson

Jan 8, 2014
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus;
Nokta Makro Anfibio;
Garrett AT Pro;
Tesoro Vaquero;
Fisher F5;
Whites Eagle Spectrum - Started it all
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats, I have access to high school yearbooks so I could help you with getting the owner's name. Let me know if you want me to look it up?
Found the owner through social media. Thank you for the offer

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
such a cool find and story. thanks for posting.

I have 3 separate ring returns, one class ring, one engagement ring, and one kid's ring. All immediately identified by the owners that gave me permission. They are my fondest MD memories to date. HH

caretaker

Jan 20, 2008
Maine
Detector(s) used
2-XLT, AT Pro, CZ20, E-Trac, Excal II, GTI 1500, 250, BH 101, HH Diver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dug a bunch over the years, the first ones were gold, then they were silver, now they a base metal, I just find out thru yearbooks who owns them and send them back thru the mail, been harassed giving them back face to face before

swimmer

Oct 13, 2004
St Helens OR
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dug a bunch over the years, the first ones were gold, then they were silver, now they a base metal, I just find out thru yearbooks who owns them and send them back thru the mail, been harassed giving them back face to face before
I know what you mean having been harassed for trying to return a ring. Although most folks are thankful and have fun with it, two didn't believe it and harbor a lot of mistrust in strangers.

caretaker

Jan 20, 2008
Maine
Detector(s) used
2-XLT, AT Pro, CZ20, E-Trac, Excal II, GTI 1500, 250, BH 101, HH Diver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Swimmer, it's easier to just mail it, I remember when I use to show people what I found on the beach, as I was detecting and they would say, I lost that yesterday, and I'd say I dug it last week at another beach

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread