๐Ÿ† HONORABLE MENTION RETURNED RING

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All, Today marked my first returned class ring. Pat and I had gone to a park to detect. Pat was near the base ball field and I had wandered under some trees. About half an hour working the trees I got what I thought was a dime signal. When I looked at my coil, I saw something shiny under the grass. Reaching down I assumed I was picking up a dime and to my surprise it turned out to be my first class ring. After checking it out closely I found the girls name inside the band.

The next morning I called the school and verified that she actually went there. I told the office manager about my find and asked her if she could contact the parents and have them return my call. With all the stuff going on in schools now a days, you have to be careful. Her father called me about a half an hour later. He seemed to be a pleasant man, but was wondering why I had his daughters ring. I gave him our web site and told him to check it out. He called me back later and made arrangements to come to our monthly meeting. On the day of the meeting he told me that Katlyn had a band banquet and said they couldn't make it. Today I called and made another attempt to return the ring. We met at the park where, she lost the ring and I found it. She was really happy to get it back. Before leaving the father Jim, said that they had picked up a little something to give me as a reward. He handed me a metal box encouraging me to open it. Inside was a $25 gift certificate. The real reward for me was the look on Katlyns face when I gave her back her ring. The reward was like an extra treat.

If any of you find something that has a name. Do research, find and contact the person. The feeling is incredible. Not only did I put a smile on Dad and Daughter, I gave them back memories. As a side note, she took a picture of the back of our club shirt and will post it on her face book. HH GFP

2 Attached Images

Attachments

• 1ST CLASS RING 4-14-2012_2012 04 15_0007_edited-1.JPG
    1ST CLASS RING 4-14-2012_2012 04 15_0007_edited-1.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 197

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've returned 3 class rings and 2 wedding rings. That feeling never gets old. Nice work. :thumb_up:

K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations.
It sure makes you feel good to know that You have done what is right.
I am just not sure who enjoys it the Most when I return something to it Owner. Myself or Them?
Happy Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread