Returning Vintage Avon Sales Representative Pendant marked: 10K Gold with woman's name engraved on reverse dated 1944 to Owner's next of Kin

relichound

Aug 25, 2004
Northern Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
On Saturday I dug an interesting item nearby in N Virginia where I live; a vintage Avon Sales Representative pendant marked 10K Gold with the lady’s name engraved on the reverse: Mrs. M. P. Collins-1944.

This is the first personalized anything that I have ever dug and also the first gold find I have dug with the Deus; I knew immediately that I just had to return this precious keepsake memento to this woman's next of kin.

A genealogist reached out to me on Facebook and informed me that this woman and her husband were both killed in a horrific automobile accident in Nov 1956 and she had no children of her own; only 3 surviving brothers per the obituary dated Nov 1956 that she sent me.

After 3 days researching online databases for this woman’s brother’s next of kin and a dozen phone calls later to these brother’s “potential” children, I was able to connect this morning with one of the brothers' sons wife. After explaining as to why I called- she understood and could connect the dots regarding the pendant I want to return.

She gave me her husband's cell phone number (he is the direct nephew) of the late Mrs. M.P. Collins . I texted him photos of the Avon pendant and asked him to call me. Lord willing in the next week or so I can finally mail this family this keepsake to its rightful owner; just like the Bible says; “it is much better to GIVE than to receive. AMEN 🙏🏽 Merry Christmas ALL.
AVON Pendant face.jpg

Attachments

• AVON Pendant reverse with lady's name  1944.jpg
    AVON Pendant reverse with lady's name 1944.jpg
    824.3 KB · Views: 56

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I loved reading the background history behind the Avon Pendant you found RH. :thumbsup:
Thanks very much for posting it.
Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions