πŸ₯‡ BANNER REV WAR British 31st ROF Grenadiers Cartridge Box Plate!

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
REV WAR British 31st Grenadiers Cartridge Box Plate....UPDATE

Always dreamt I would find one of these. After about an hour, at the first virgin hole in over a year, me and my brother in law had some luck. Hits were everywhere. A toasted Draped Bust LC, a 1848 LC, buttons and .....THE PRIZE! I knew right away what I had, just couldn't believe my eyes. As I flipped out and screamed to Rich to get over to me, he said....."Ya got silver?" Nope....."Ya got Gold?" Nope......BETTER!!! Then I noticed the 31. There were a lot of prisoners from the 31st taken at Saratoga. Looked for about 15mins for the "GR" with the pin pointer but couldn't locate any of it. FINALLY!!!! After 2 years I have something decent to post! Definitely going back. What a day. Enjoy Hogge Update: I guess it's ok to blat it out now............Made W&E Treasures Magazine Best Finds of 2015. Second time for me. Made it back in 2009, with my Rev War Royal Artillery Belt tip from 2008. They told me last week. Did anyone else find out they made it?? Hogge

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 649
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 505
  • image6.JPG
    image6.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 645
  • image7.JPG
    image7.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 475
  • image8.JPG
    image8.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 546
Last edited:
Upvote 64

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap that is AMAZING! Banner and just incredible piece of history. Congrats my friend. Incredible

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an adrenaline pumping find. I can feel the excitement while reading your post. Congrats on making a dream find.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super find! Not in the book so you might have the only one! Now looks like your signature will be continued! :occasion14:

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Doesn't get any better than this!!! Congrats on a very rare and historic find. Hope you'll provide more background info on this incredible artifact in a follow-up post.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Done on saving this great piece of history. Banner find for sure

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a good one! I'm sure you'll be digging goodies out of that site for a while. You've got my Banner vote.

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Doesn't get any better than this!!! Congrats on a very rare and historic find. Hope you'll provide more background info on this incredible artifact in a follow-up post.

Agreed. Just WOW, man.

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Always dreamt I would find one of these. After about an hour, at the first virgin hole in over a year, me and my brother in law had some luck. Hits were everywhere. A toasted Draped Bust LC, a 1848 LC, buttons and .....THE PRIZE! I knew right away what I had, just couldn't believe my eyes. As I flipped out and screamed to Rich to get over to me, he said....."Ya got silver?" Nope....."Ya got Gold?" Nope......BETTER!!! Then I noticed the 31. There were a lot of prisoners from the 31st taken at Saratoga. Looked for about 15mins for the "GR" with the pin pointer but couldn't locate any of it. FINALLY!!!! After 2 years I have something decent to post! Definitely going back. What a day. Enjoy Hogge

I'd be happy to find something that nice every two years!

HD Paulie

Sep 20, 2015
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Minelab Etrac
Fisher CZ-6
Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AMAZING & AWESOME!! :weee:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are the type of finds I never see turn up in the UK. Defending the Empire meant most of it was lost over seas. Great find, & near impossible to repeat.

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That thing is awesome Hogge! I had never heard of one of these, so I googled around some and learned a bit about them. One of the best parts (for me) about this hobby is learning about historical artifacts like this one. Voting that one up top. :thumbsup:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread