Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For many years my best finds for the year would usually be Rev War buttons and I wondered how things would go if the tap was ever turned off, and I'm kind of finding out now as it's down to a drip. The answer seems to be I would still find good stuff, just different, and here is a great example of that from yesterday's hunt. :) I still dig a lot of early buttons so the chance is always there but these days I struggle to even find one. Still lots of Fall detecting to go so don't count me out yet!

Attachments

• thumbnail_20211013_134616.jpg
    thumbnail_20211013_134616.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 298
  • thumbnail_20211013_134628.jpg
    thumbnail_20211013_134628.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 241
  • thumbnail_20211013_134640.jpg
    thumbnail_20211013_134640.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 234
  • thumbnail_20211013_134733.jpg
    thumbnail_20211013_134733.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 238
  • thumbnail_20211013_134746.jpg
    thumbnail_20211013_134746.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 233
Upvote 39

JamieD

Feb 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe gold in quartz jewellery only became popular after the California gold rush so I’d be surprised if it’s earlier than 1850. Might not be long after though, it does look early.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was plenty of mid. 1800s activity close by so it's very possible it dates mid. 1800s but the exact little site I found it was all earlier stuff. Basically just buttons.

michael NY

Nov 4, 2007
USA
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Coinstrike, F70, Explorer XS, Sovereign XS, Spectrum, IDX PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For many years my best finds for the year would usually be Rev War buttons and I wondered how things would go if the tap was ever turned off, and I'm kind of finding out now as it's down to a drip. The answer seems to be I would still find good stuff, just different, and here is a great example of that from yesterday's hunt. :) I still dig a lot of early buttons so the chance is always there but these days I struggle to even find one. Still lots of Fall detecting to go so don't count me out yet!
Amazing ring thanks for shareing it.

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BEAUTY!!!! Only found 2 gold rings. Congrats!!! Hogge

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!!! Congrats!!! It's an oldie!!!

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I love that ring! Its very different with that stone. Very good.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

[/QUOTE]
Congratulations it’s very old and beautiful

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m still learning to reply correctly