Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For many years my best finds for the year would usually be Rev War buttons and I wondered how things would go if the tap was ever turned off, and I'm kind of finding out now as it's down to a drip. The answer seems to be I would still find good stuff, just different, and here is a great example of that from yesterday's hunt. :) I still dig a lot of early buttons so the chance is always there but these days I struggle to even find one. Still lots of Fall detecting to go so don't count me out yet!

Attachments

• thumbnail_20211013_134616.jpg
    thumbnail_20211013_134616.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 298
  • thumbnail_20211013_134628.jpg
    thumbnail_20211013_134628.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 241
  • thumbnail_20211013_134640.jpg
    thumbnail_20211013_134640.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 234
  • thumbnail_20211013_134733.jpg
    thumbnail_20211013_134733.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 238
  • thumbnail_20211013_134746.jpg
    thumbnail_20211013_134746.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 233
Upvote 39

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For many years my best finds for the year would usually be Rev War buttons and I wondered how things would go if the tap was ever turned off, and I'm kind of finding out now as it's down to a drip. The answer seems to be I would still find good stuff, just different, and here is a great example of that from yesterday's hunt. :) I still dig a lot of early buttons so the chance is always there but these days I struggle to even find one. Still lots of Fall detecting to go so don't count me out yet!
That is awesome. Finding something that old and that is someone personal item is always so cool. When I find something old my mind always goes to a place of wonder just imagining that items story all the history it saw. Very cool and even better older rings aren't easy to come by metal detecting.

winslow

Oct 30, 2004
Oregon, No Cal Border
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
That's such an awesome find. Congratulations!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
beauty! great find and great save.

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something really special about finding a very old, gold ring. Congrats!

aj

Colonial Digger

May 6, 2019
illinois
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! Love the ring, Great find! and I have wondered if I was going to run out of finds at sites that I hunt? Well it has been 30 years and I may have to walk a little more , change my directions and coils but it still always give me a surprise every year after year.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to vote "banner" on tis ring. It is just to cool not to! :headbang:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that ring—its age, it being unique, and its beauty—all of those things… have me extremely jealous. And that is a mark of quality! What a great find! I keep wondering what will happen here when we keep rehunting the same sites, but I can only hope for a gold since we are way overdue at over 350 old silver coins dug and no gold yet. 102 Spanish silvers and 158 seated coins as of this week. Just a matter of time—and also cleaning out the strong hits and listening to the low tones. I’ve already got two old and beautiful pieces of gold this year, just no coin yet. Congratulations on this amazing ring!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There's something about looking at old high carat gold, and you certainly ticked off the right boxes with this beauty.
What a great stone, and so unique as well.
Top shelf-and you got my vote as well.
Congrats on the recovery

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions