Revisited Army/Indian battlesite with new XPDeus 2

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, White DFX, Fisher F4, White V3i, Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent 2 glorious days detecting a site that I had hunted previously with my White V3i and Anfibio. Had some great finds before, but with the new XP...it performed as the best detector I have ever used. Literally cuts thru the iron and grabs the good targets.
Spencer casings, leads, button, cuff links, percussion caps, buckles, and other things of beauty. God bless America. I respect the Indians and what they did to survive.

Attachments

• 20220520_082621.jpg
    20220520_082621.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 223
Upvote 17

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent 2 glorious days detecting a site that I had hunted previously with my White V3i and Anfibio. Had some great finds before, but with the new XP...it performed as the best detector I have ever used. Literally cuts thru the iron and grabs the good targets.
Spencer casings, leads, button, cuff links, percussion caps, buckles, and other things of beauty. God bless America. I respect the Indians and what they did to survive.
Nice!!! Congrats!!! It’s pulled a many of good stuff for Me as well!!! :)

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a busy day digging :)
Congrats. What caliber were the shell casings >

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great to see the new machine performing for you.
Query: You mentioned cufflinks-can't seem to see them in the pic.

OP
OP
Diggitdaddy

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a busy day digging :)
Congrats. What caliber were the shell casings >
They were mainly .54 caliber or .56 the Spencer carbine, Indian wars Cavalry issue weapon. Though we dug various shells, revolver ones too. Over a dozen different type weapons were used at battle, many used by the Indians

OP
OP
Diggitdaddy

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to see the new machine performing for you.
Query: You mentioned cufflinks-can't seem to see them in the pic.
Look around midway center in photo. They may be large leather rivets or cuff links, thats what I call them

OP
OP
Diggitdaddy

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! Congrats!!! It’s pulled a many of good stuff for Me as well!!! :)
I used the General and Park programs, with silencer cut to 0 or 1. It really gives a good indication on tones, if it's any iron at all, it will have a tailing effect or cut out. How's your hunting lately Digger RJ ? What's your go to program?

OP
OP
Diggitdaddy

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucky you! Looks like a great site. Nice to sea that the Deus 2 performed well under those conditions. Congrats!
I was kind of a stuck in the mud type , stuck on Whites for a decade. The new detectors like this one...in a class of its own

OP
OP
Diggitdaddy

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_o.gif
Nice finds Diggitdaddy. Thanks for sharing...
Thank you for taking the time to post that...if I could pass anything on to newbies it would be do your research ! It's king. There are still great sites out there

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used the General and Park programs, with silencer cut to 0 or 1. It really gives a good indication on tones, if it's any iron at all, it will have a tailing effect or cut out. How's your hunting lately Digger RJ ? What's your go to program?
Been a little busy, but I’m still playing with the Deep HC that I’ve modified and the fast program. Haven’t tried the park program yet😳 It’s been doing very good in the iron and previously hunted spots. That’s usually how I like to break in new detectors. I’ve been impressed at what it’s gotten Me! Coil to the Soil, is the only way😁

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You had an awesome dig! Congratulations

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good pile there!

OP
OP
Diggitdaddy

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your new machine and finds!
Thank you Calabash. The sign of a super detector is if we can return to previous ' hunted out ' sites and still get targets. The Deus provides a sound scape when I use it...can hear so much of the ground.
I have watched your videos for several years and you are an inspiration and teacher for us all. What you do is appreciated !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread