Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Out my 4th time this season, 3rd in the water, finally snagged the first ring of My new metal detecting season in Florida; in fact, it was a 3 ring day. Low 50s and overcast, the surf report said water temp was 71 deg, but I know better after 4 hrs of submersion. Water temp was more like 65deg and the 6-10mph N wind didn’t help...but I wonder.

The first ring is a silver 925 band that I was lucky to catch at all. I initially got a VID of #32 on my Equinox 800; that # I only get it seems with cell phones. Dug 2 scoops full and rechecked – nothing, no where. I figured it was noise and about to move but, per my custom, I decided to get 1 more scoop-full in the middle of the hole – BINGO. Even then I almost missed the ring in the scoop given all the shells; after all, I was expecting a cell phone. The second silver 925 ring, with an interesting design, was found about 1 hr later. About 5 minutes after the second silver ring I found the small mood ring in the same area. [I gridded the whole area, no further luck] The remaining 2 hrs of surf hunting was uneventful except for most of the change.

Yep, no gold today but I know it’s not far behind. But it sure gave me a good feeling seeing that first ring in the scoop...and the second...and the third. Gold next time!
Finds 121722upright.JPG

Rings 121722.JPG

Happy Hunting

Upvote 6

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread