rinsing off my ctx 3030 after beach hunting and hunting in the rain question

patpall22

Jul 4, 2006
Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, whites DFX, XP DEUS, etrac and sandshark
I was wondering if i can rinse off the headphone module after i use it without damaging it. also, can i hunt in the rain or will water leak into the headphone module? i've been trying to find definitive info about this as i hear people are taking it into the shower with them. i have been hosing down the whole machine after beach hunting and am getting little worried. should i be?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headphone module is not water proof, suggest you get waterproof headphones or put cover over headphone module when in the rain.

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

OP
OP
patpall22

patpall22

Jul 4, 2006
Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, whites DFX, XP DEUS, etrac and sandshark
thanks treasure hunter. I was really worried because i would rinse off my entire detector after the beach but it appears to be fine. I obviously won't be putting any water near that part of the detector again.

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
also not good to get water in the headphone jack I believe?

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 30/30 came with a battery holder as well as a rechargeable holder for my battery's. The battery holder doesn't have the hole in it. I can't remember but think I got a plug with my 30/30 for the head set hole.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions