• 199.JPG
    199.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Gnome Punter

May 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gotta be honest,images sell and help :)

I see mostly, on the top, common Alley agates and Pelt Rainbos
Now, there may be something rare here,but unless it is in-hand or there are detailed images, I cant tell.
I tell people to use a camera and set it to 3 meg so I can download and zoom in
I think Duffy would agree with this :)

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
nice lot of vintage marbles.....i would put em on ebay in lots of 20....start emk at 3.99.....condition is the end all...you could ck joes marbles to get ideas of the makers....ck marble king, peltier and vitro....the swirls are a breed of their own.....

OP
OP
creeper71

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
nice lot of vintage marbles.....i would put em on ebay in lots of 20....start emk at 3.99.....condition is the end all...you could ck joes marbles to get ideas of the makers....ck marble king, peltier and vitro....the swirls are a breed of their own.....
thank you Duffy ..sorry to asked this but could you writte out what emk means? I have this ordered
Identification and Price Guide by Robert Block

Gnome Punter

May 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He means start them at 3.99 and auction style.

i am a firm fan of .99 unless it is an obscure item
In marbles, they ALWAYS get seen by everyone.
I see people starting at higher prices and if it is a 7 day listing, everyone still sees it. It is about hunting and getting that 1 rare item for nothing, which seldom happens unless the seller does Sepeku by bad photos :)
I saw someone get a 500.00 marble last week because the photos were bad and I think he paid 3.00 :)

OP
OP
creeper71

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
He means start them at 3.99 and auction style.

i am a firm fan of .99 unless it is an obscure item
In marbles, they ALWAYS get seen by everyone.
I see people starting at higher prices and if it is a 7 day listing, everyone still sees it. It is about hunting and getting that 1 rare item for nothing, which seldom happens unless the seller does Sepeku by bad photos :)
I saw someone get a 500.00 marble last week because the photos were bad and I think he paid 3.00 :)
I knew what he meant with auction I want to know what EMK means?

OP
OP
creeper71

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
i was try to say start em...typo with the k...im a pecker!!!...and a hillbilly!!!
Duffy did u see my urianum post??? could use help with that post too... btw is this book any good?
Identification and Price Guide by Robert Block I have the 2012 ed ordered I bought all the marbles in this post an urainium post for 20-25.00 was that a good Buy?

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
yes the book is ok...but the p[rices are always high in those books/...a better book for identifying marbles is american machine made marbles by six-johnson and metzler...

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
yes!! good deal....you could easily double your money....i feel comfortable spending 20$ a quart....the way i come to that is in a jar all marbles are a quarter a piece...sorted and classed...the keepers identified and valued...thats where you make your money....condition is the key...any hits & scratches could make a 20$ marble worth less....dont rely on marble book prices....15 years ago the books and collectors thought the marble king spiderman was worth over 300$....there was a huge warehouse discovery of them and the market was flooded so now theyre lucky to get 3.00.....dont spend too much..youll be ok....knowledge is the key...if your on facebook...look for the site --good old marbles....

OP
OP
creeper71

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Thanks Duffy your always very helpful to me... I'm going to pull any that have chips an auction them together as nice but damaged 1.99 sound good?

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
yup...take good pictures and describe the damages...hits ...fleabites ..scratches....missing glass...if they have fractures...put em in a jar....or slingshot em away....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread