Rock and Fiberglass! Don't mix

Oldrvrrat57

Jan 2, 2022
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 and XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not everyone should be able to buy a boat! Photo taken at Clinton IA.
20220802_180945.jpg
N

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Getting it towed off that won't be cheap, especially if the hull has been
compromised.

And he hasn't old his wife...yet.

OOPS....
moose.gif

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol... a river !......... Whats that ? ? ?... j/k... did not even consider a river... no wonder there were no high tide marks.

:P

Um... seeing boats like that or worse is an everyday event here in the boating capitol of the world.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
lol... a river !......... Whats that ? ? ?... j/k... did not even consider a river... no wonder there were no high tide marks.

:P

Um... seeing boats like that or worse is an everyday event here in the boating capitol of the world.
Agreed, watching inexperienced boaters at a busy weekend boat ramp can be utterly amusing.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've noticed a trend in things like that since the legalization of cannabis products across the country.
? ? ?... Sheesh man you cannot be serious.
Dont tell me that you think there has been an "uptick" in problems due to legalization >?
The amounts are the same as before... for the past 50 years. heh

This is obvious simple error or drunk.
People have been smoking pot in the same amounts as before... sure millions more users have joined the pack but this is to be expected.

When people make a mistake or otherwise why would you assume it has any correlation to cannabis use ? ? ?
The likelihood of it being 10 other things come to immediate mind... and shows your not an avid boater.
Everything from disorientated to new at boating to just plain stupidity comes to mind... right after drinking... which is 90% of all accidents on the water.

Just in case you don't know... 50% or more of the drivers for the past 50 years you have driven by on the roads on any given day... ARE stoned. - SURPRISE ! ! !
Why else do you think they are driving slow OR the limits OR good. ? ? ? (teenagers exempted)
50% of everyone YOU know smokes... whether you know about it or not... For people are and always have been very hush hush about their indulgence.

PS...
I will take someone stoned over drunk ANY day... both driving anything... OR in general.
Drunks are a liability in every way shape and form.

Last edited:

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've noticed a trend in things like that since the legalization of cannabis products across the country.
Well I tell you that's not from pot , pot makes you very careful , forgetful and hungry but not reckless.
drinking will make you reckless like that.

I smoked for over 30 years and drove every day with out a single wreck

Here's a funny boating and pot story . I took the boat and a friend out to go fishing , on the way we smoked some pot .
I backed the boat into the water like a pro and we were underway . people on the dock were waving at us so to be friendly we waved back . then this one guy fishing started pointing with his finger , I turned and looked to see my truck still on the ramp with trailer in the water. Now that's something a stoner would do ..proof...

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I tell you that's not from pot , pot makes you very careful , forgetful and hungry but not reckless.
drinking will make you reckless like that.

I smoked for over 30 years and drove every day with out a single wreck

Here's a funny boating and pot story . I took the boat and a friend out to go fishing , on the way we smoked some pot .
I backed the boat into the water like a pro and we were underway . people on the dock were waving at us so to be friendly we waved back . then this one guy fishing started pointing with his finger , I turned and looked to see my truck still on the ramp with trailer in the water. Now that's something a stoner would do ..proof...
Good one ticndig.Around here the best ones are when the dude forgets to set his emergency brake and truck,trailer and all go down the ramp into the water.Just the cab of the truck sticking out.We got some steep boat ramps in places.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread