Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before daylight in the heavy fog while fishing for stripers on shore in the tidal Hudson River
I suddenly heard a loud noise .
During low tide a freighter went off course and got stuck in a sand bar in the channel.
After trying to use the anchors over and over to pull with the current they had to wait for high tide to break free

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before daylight in the heavy fog while fishing for stripers on shore in the tidal Hudson River
I suddenly heard a loud noise .
During low tide a freighter went off course and got stuck in a sand bar in the channel.
After trying to use the anchors over and over to pull with the current they had to wait for high tide to break free
About 2 years ago during high water and high flows on the Arkansas I watched a towboat with a 12 barge tow miss a main highway bridge by the thickness of a coat of paint. Bet that Captain had to change his drawers!:laughing7::notworthy:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I tell you that's not from pot , pot makes you very careful , forgetful and hungry but not reckless.
drinking will make you reckless like that.

I smoked for over 30 years and drove every day with out a single wreck

Here's a funny boating and pot story . I took the boat and a friend out to go fishing , on the way we smoked some pot .
I backed the boat into the water like a pro and we were underway . people on the dock were waving at us so to be friendly we waved back . then this one guy fishing started pointing with his finger , I turned and looked to see my truck still on the ramp with trailer in the water. Now that's something a stoner would do ..proof...
On the way to the boat launch, my pal looked in the mirror. "The boat's gone! Trailer's gone!" What?! We idled back to his house, looking over the edge of the road for a boat and trailer. It was still parked in the yard. We had backed up to it, loaded it, and drove off. Stoned? Nah.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Back in the early 80's my brother in law & I were fishing in Lake Talquin near Tallahassee. As we were motoring back to the boat ramp we saw a guy swimming out a ways, and a bass boat drifting with the wind. He started waving to us so we went over and helped him in, took him to his boat. His truck and trailer were underwater. He launched his boat and was motoring over to tie off when his truck started rolling back into the water. He said he quickly motored over and tried to jump in the truck before it submerged but didn't make it.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the early 80's my brother in law & I were fishing in Lake Talquin near Tallahassee. As we were motoring back to the boat ramp we saw a guy swimming out a ways, and a bass boat drifting with the wind. He started waving to us so we went over and helped him in, took him to his boat. His truck and trailer were underwater. He launched his boat and was motoring over to tie off when his truck started rolling back into the water. He said he quickly motored over and tried to jump in the truck before it submerged but didn't make it.
Wow that’s moments to remember.
Congratulations on saving his life my friend

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread