Rock carving or?

WoodyGA

Greenie
Jun 4, 2003
North Georgia USA
Please tell me you can see the partial human face or skull in this photo of a river bluff :wink: To give you a scale the eye opening on the right is big enough for me to enter almost. Only really visible in winter at certain time of day (shadows). Seems a little much to attribute it to Cherokee, and seems older too. There are other rock carvings in the area of the bluff as well and quite different from the usual Cherokee stuff.

Any input?

Woody

sandydot

Jun 13, 2003
Augusta, GA
I see a face of a native american. Could this be practice for the "Crazy Horse" carving in South Dakota? LOL It is an interesting formation... like the "face" on the rock on Mars.

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....
Is this just a trick of the eyes or is it carved out some? My Indian friends say that their ancestors rarely did anything like that on that scale....

Chiz

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....
hey... if you can send me the lat / long, or a general location (map wise) of it, I can try to tie it to something in the old maps I have... If you don't want to post it, shoot it to me in an email....

HH
Chiz
8)

Chris in BC

Mar 19, 2003
Langley
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Keene 5" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see Gene Simmons, great thanks a pile, now I got "Lick it up" stuck in my head.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread