rock with old etched drawing in it with drill holes for eyes and nose

1bigpopsont

Jul 12, 2006
pa.
Detector(s) used
dfx 300
i dont know if this was done by the people that lived at this house or if its older than that. this rock is situated in a yard on a location where there used to b a house. but this yard is more hill than yard and it goes stright into the woods deep woods all mountain. this mountain has a lot of indian sites and a old stone quary a few miles from the house. there is a lot of history in this mountain the stone quary supplied stone for the first train tunnle in america and i believe it was like 1804 when the tunnel opened. so this puts drills like the one that must have made theese holes in this general location so u tell me was this done by kids,indians,miners,spanyards,i myself think that maybe the holes where there first then kids scratched the person in after i think this because that would b hard for a kid to use a drill like that but i could b wrong. o and by the way 2 sisters and there brother lived in the house its said that theese people stayed in the house and never came out or even got married the just lived together till they died. the old man who told me this was 95 years old at that time 2 years ago he also told me after the people died there was a fire in the house and he went in to try to contain it till the fire crew got there he told me on his way out of the basement he looked up and in the rafters was $15.000 cash just held up in there with somthing he gave it to the fire men he said but he told me if i wanted to find some cash to detect that yard so thats y i was there and how i found this rock and the house did burn down that guy said he only grabbed that cash he saw in the floor joists as he was comming out but he belives the house packed with cash

Attachments

• IMG_0769[1].JPG
    IMG_0769[1].JPG
    459.6 KB · Views: 517

charliejr

Jan 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice lil rock map you got there Mr. Tnet member dsty is good with drill holes. But, those can be used line of site. Stick a stick in'em, line em'up, take a lookie. There other symbols there, n ya would need to look alovar dat dare rock. Lookie round ya, what else ya see? It's like a puzzle, so, ya godda figure it out.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Someone used the drill holes for a face, the rest is a amateur drawing of a man. Look at the feet and boots as well as outstretched arms.

charliejr

Jan 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea definitely. Look all over it. Tnet has all kinds of info and people searchin for all kinda madness. Some one will be sure to give ya two cents here. Goodluck. Experts abound in these parts,lol.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello 1, Looks like 4 drill holes, I would get a piece of clear plastic and some duct tape, fasten the plactic over the drill holes and mark wirh a marking pen then raise the plastic up untill its level to get the degrees, the other drill hole looks like its on an angle and possibly be 22 / 23 mm deep and may indicate the depth of a cache, 220 cm or aprox 7 ft 7 inches deep, use the larger of the 3 holes for a pivit point, there should two areas of interest, distance may be 190 feet, large to small always

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, dsty, that 4th hole, up high in the back of the chip-out seems to have a line chiseled out in the approx. 11 o'clock direction. Could that be the direction??

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Good catch SS, if its a small drill hole on an angle it could be a anchor hole one direction may be from the angle hole and one direction off the line you refer to, thanks

charliejr

Jan 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey dsty, I have a question. Back in the 16th century, the metric system wasn't around -per say-, but I was wondering, how did you come to find out about the hole measurements. That, and I think the prime rose measurements are standard -that and some pirates did something similar. Just curious because, since these people out in the waste land didn't have micro-measurement tools, how do you think they came to these measurements that you are talking about?

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
I think that the Jesuit Priest was a Very Learned Group please don't undermesterte them or their off shoots, after finding a group of drill holes in a relitive small area I started trying to take measurements of the holes, the direction, the distance, the King of Spain Measurement's or the Royal Measurement used as a standard, the 10 cm deep X 10 cm wide = 2 X circumfurence ( 34.5 cm ) = 69 vara or 189.5 feet which I round it off to 190 feet. All that took me several years, then I started to wonder why the holes are different on the bottom, the different things thats chipped out around the top edge the of the hole, things they chipped in the bottom / sides, whats the direction indicator, what about a drill hole thats 16 X 24 inches, what about one thats on an angle, what about dots, small 3mm wide and 23mm deep, what about one thats upside down on a bluff, what about the 3" wide X 3" deep, what about one thats 1" and 36 inches deep, what about a flat rock thats got a round baseball size rock used to balance kinda like a teter totter, so many question so few answers, Good Luck and learn the difference between those symbols in a yard, trail markers, cache site symbols, Monument's, cormer markers, they did leave the start of a trail symbol and the end of the trail markers. We use as a standard for our mile section, they used a league square, they used magnetic we use Grid,

charliejr

Jan 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks dsty, I will do my best to keep that in mind.

Mirak

Aug 18, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20200818_151911.jpg
The drill holes take the shape of a triangle or the head of an arrow, their purpose is to lead you to the next point, you have to go either directions and look for a complementary sign. Good luck

Fossils

Oct 25, 2019
MA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why does every scratch in a rock have to be associated with some kind of treasure?

The drill holes were made from quarrying stone. And the etchings were scratched by a bored kid.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread