Roman Metal Working Site - Cru'Team - Day 11...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried to make a slightly earlier start to beat the afternoon rain but it came early anyway! (not that heavy, but made the ground more sticky)
Stepped the detecting up by 30 mins to 3 hours, that seems to be about right for now but it does affect our normal productivity.
We are in one of the main metal working workshop areas, so we are getting plenty of metal working blobs & scraps etc (not pictured, but kept in a big bag as evidence) Plus still picking up lots of pottery shards.

18 mostly Scrappies
Iron Age (Celtic) Fibula
Near complete with half a pin - 1st C AD Dolphin Brooch
Roman Bronze Bead
2 Hob Nails
A Mystery 1st C - 2nd C Roman Brooch - Has the thickest Pin I've seen, & is a kind of cross between a Trumpet type & a Knee type. (without being close enough to be a derivative of either):dontknow:

We do get cut Roman Coins on this site & I can only assume it was done to throw them in a small crucible. As well as a cut qrter bronze I got a cut Roman Silver Ant. Not the condition we are hoping for, but 1 more to this years low total.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

Upvote 18

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing finds as usual. Makes all old the stuff we find on this side of the pond look like new stuff. Thanks for sharing, stay safe and keep swingin.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a beautiful fibula you recovered, well done. :occasion14:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds. It’s neat that you have so much history to dig. I have spent hours trying to learn more about what you post. I can’t retain the information. But I enjoy looking it up. I may not always say it but you have super cool finds. I hope your knee is healing well.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried to make a slightly earlier start to beat the afternoon rain but it came early anyway! (not that heavy, but made the ground more sticky)
Stepped the detecting up by 30 mins to 3 hours, that seems to be about right for now but it does affect our normal productivity.
We are in one of the main metal working workshop areas, so we are getting plenty of metal working blobs & scraps etc (not pictured, but kept in a big bag as evidence) Plus still picking up lots of pottery shards.

18 mostly Scrappies
Iron Age (Celtic) Fibula
Near complete with half a pin - 1st C AD Dolphin Brooch
Roman Bronze Bead
2 Hob Nails
A Mystery 1st C - 2nd C Roman Brooch - Has the thickest Pin I've seen, & is a kind of cross between a Trumpet type & a Knee type. (without being close enough to be a derivative of either):dontknow:

We do get cut Roman Coins on this site & I can only assume it was done to throw them in a small crucible. As well as a cut qrter bronze I got a cut Roman Silver Ant. Not the condition we are hoping for, but 1 more to this years low total. View attachment 1998846 View attachment 1998847 View attachment 1998848
Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread