Roman Metal Working Site - Cru'Team - Day 21 - Hammered + 3 CELTIC GOLD...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another very windy day similar to Saturday, but January has been one of the driest on Record! Great detecting conditions.
Today was our last mega grid on the virgin ground before we planned to move, so we put in a 6 hour day, my longest since the accident. Coped fine, other than wind burn.
This had to be the craziest & best hunt we have ever had, although tough to judge.
I got the first Qrter Stater within the first hour, followed shortly after with a hammered, then Cru'dad got the Stater & I later matched his Stater. Thankfully none were in close proximity, so no need to report them.

7 Scrappies
Celtic Fibula
Bit of a Langton Down Fibula - 1st C AD
Medieval Buckle & pin
Saxon Strapend - First Saxon item off this field, a real surprise
1922 Shilling
York Hammered Penny of Henry??
Quarter Gold Stater of Cunobelin AD 8-41
2 Gold Staters of the Ambiani Tribe circa 57BC:

''The Ambiani tribe were a Belgic people who lived in the modern-day Picardy region. In 57 BC they united with other tribes to resist the Roman invasions led by Julius Caesar. Sometimes known as Gallic War staters, these types of coin are thought to have been made to finance the war in Gaul and perhaps pay for mercenaries. Being uniface, having a design on only one side, perhaps indicating that they were struck hastily under wartime conditions.''

An amazing finish to January & a hard one to beat!:occasion14:

8.JPG
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 60

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another very windy day similar to Saturday, but January has been one of the driest on Record! Great detecting conditions.
Today was our last mega grid on the virgin ground before we planned to move, so we put in a 6 hour day, my longest since the accident. Coped fine, other than wind burn.
This had to be the craziest & best hunt we have ever had, although tough to judge.
I got the first Qrter Stater within the first hour, followed shortly after with a hammered, then Cru'dad got the Stater & I later matched his Stater. Thankfully none were in close proximity, so no need to report them.

7 Scrappies
Celtic Fibula
Medieval Buckle & pin
1922 Shilling

''The Ambiani tribe were a Belgic people who lived in the modern-day Picardy region. In 57 BC they united with other tribes to resist the Roman invasions led by Julius Caesar. Sometimes known as Gallic War staters, these types of coin are thought to have been made to finance the war in Gaul and perhaps pay for mercenaries. Being uniface, having a design on only one side, perhaps indicating that they were struck hastily under wartime conditions.''

View attachment 2007068 View attachment 2007069 View attachment 2007070 View attachment 2007071 View attachment 2007073 View attachment 2007074 View attachment 2007075 View attachment 2007076 View attachment 2007077
First of all I’m glad you’ve gotten to where you can back back out there for 6 hours and have fun.
Awesome dig with awesome relics. Congratulations!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OK! This has to be going up there on the Banner in the near future.
This must be your biggest hunts for golds!
Silver, Forgery, now 3 Gold :notworthy:
Big congrats Cru' I really don't you'll forget this day for many moons.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like this spot might be a high ranking one in your book... sheesh with three more i would be on it like stink on you know what. heh

Well done Cruz... they are in fantasic shape as well... amazing how good they look.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK! This has to be going up there on the Banner in the near future.
This must be your biggest hunts for golds!
Silver, Forgery, now 3 Gold :notworthy:
Big congrats Cru' I really don't you'll forget this day for many moons.
True, hard to forget. Took me about 20 years to get my first & if we got 3 in a year we would be pleased, but 3 in a day, is nuts!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like this spot might be a high ranking one in your book... sheesh with three more i would be on it like stink on you know what. heh

Well done Cruz... they are in fantasic shape as well... amazing how good they look.
I know what you're saying but the timeline just moved to drilling the field in mid-Feb! So we need to get on with the Roman area which has also produced the odd Celtic Gold & 1 Gold Hammered!
PS. we have marked off & will return at some point....

SC Keith

Aug 25, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow I would still be numb after a hunt like this . Congrats on your epic day and another well done banner!

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
go back!!! don't stop, It looks like 2022 is your year!! I would have been happy with seeing just one. Check out what Numiscorner has for sale under "ancient coins".

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Y'all find extremely nice relics pretty much all the time but 3 gold coins in one hunt?!?! That is absolutely incredible. Congratulations. :thumbsup:

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

7 Scrappies
Celtic Fibula
Medieval Buckle & pin
1922 Shilling

View attachment 2007068 View attachment 2007069 View attachment 2007070 View attachment 2007071 View attachment 2007073 View attachment 2007074 View attachment 2007075 View attachment 2007076 View attachment 2007077
Absolutly Outstanding

7 Scrappies
Celtic Fibula
Medieval Buckle & pin
1922 Shilling

Outstanding!!! Your hard work and dedication really pays off. Congratulations.

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic!!! 3 Gold coins in one hunt is amazing, but 3 gold Celtic coins is beyond words. That has got to be a banner hunt all day long. I can’t find the words to express how amazing that is. You 2 are really killing it over there. Stay safe and keep swingin.

digger15

Greenie
Sep 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!! Amazing day! This is definitely BANNER material!!! You and Crudad keep at it!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions