Rons Detectors in Tenn Question?

Chico Rico

Dec 28, 2007
Virginia
Ron's Detectors in Tenn Question?

Anyone ever done business w/ this guy before? I purchased a couple items about two weeks ago. Got a confirmation e-mail and I called and e-mailed back to find out when the item would ship....And the phone was disconnected today and two days have past since my e-mail.
Just wondered if I got scammed out of $98 or they are really just that slow and noncommunicative? Please tell me I'm just impatient after ten days.

Upvote 0

longsocks

Oct 17, 2005
Wisconsin -south of milwaukee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 --- FISHER F - 70 Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Ron's Detectors in Tenn Question?

maybe a call to the city where he's located at, to the chamber of commerce or the better business bureau and see if they have heard of him or reports on him. Good luck to you..

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hsjrev

Jul 27, 2007
W. TN

I bought a coil from him a couple of months ago. It took him a few days to get his stock in and he e-mailed me about the delay and then again when it was shipped. Don't know what could be going on now.

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2

I purchased from him about 5 months ago no problem, Was a nice person and very knowledgeble over the phone, if he sent you a email with tracking info you should be okay.

Update the board on what the out come turns out to be.

OP
OP
Chico Rico

Chico Rico

Dec 28, 2007
Virginia

Ronald99 said:
I purchased from him about 5 months ago no problem, Was a nice person and very knowledgeble over the phone, if he sent you a email with tracking info you should be okay.

Update the board on what the out come turns out to be.

The e-mail I recieved was in the format of an invoice. It explained the items would ship via UPS but their was no tracking info.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

All i can say is good luck i never buy from places i never heard of.

OP
OP
Chico Rico

Chico Rico

Dec 28, 2007
Virginia

Well, I keep trying to call and fax # and one ph# is disconnected. Other number has a full voice box. No return on e-mail after several days and no return of voice message and no package arrival. He has an ad in Western & Eastern thats why I tried him. Maybe vacation, but I'd expect some kind of voice recorded message or web site posting explaining this.

Anyone around that area have any info. I 'm not slandering because I know sometimes health fails and business can get ruined but I would expect some type of communication after two weeks????

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro

He has been around for a long time. I've seen the ads, but never purchased from him.

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro

I have bought from Ron's Detectors several times and he has always been a good guy to deal with I am sure there is a good reason for the delay. Probably on vacation or something.

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D

Likewise, my dealings with Ron have been good. I hope all is ok, and I hope things work out for you.

nprouse

Greenie
Jul 21, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
AT Pro

I just bought a prizm II from him about five days ago, so he is still in business and seemed to be a great guy. His store is on Dover road in Clarksville on top of the hill on your left just past Kroger.

OP
OP
Chico Rico

Chico Rico

Dec 28, 2007
Virginia

Ok, well I found this guys personal # and debaited calling. So I called with all intentions of asking if this was connected to the MD store...Which it was and it was disconnected.

Well I just gotta check my statement to see if I got charged.

OP
OP
Chico Rico

Chico Rico

Dec 28, 2007
Virginia

I called my cc company and it turns out I was not charged. Shortly after I recieved this e-mail....

Hi Chico Rico,
No your order has not shipped, i am very sorry, but been out with an illness, and on top of it business has turned bad. I am forced to have to close it down on the hobby side.
But many thanks for wanting to do business with me.
Ron

That sucks. Poor guy gets sick and then a weak economy takes half of the business.
Thanks for all your replies and help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread