Rude Teller

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I went to the Wells Fargo main branch and went to the teller who is always very friendly towards and she said I'll go check in the back. I guess the head teller jumped up and went and whispered in her ear and came over to tell me the truck had not come in. Well I would have believed her if... 1. She didn't tell me that last week. 2. I know the days that the truck comes in, today, and about the time. This lady had an attitude towards me when I order half dollars but this time I was asking for 2 boxes of dimes. How does the main Wells Fargo branch in my pretty good size little city Run out of dimes? Really? Smh

2nd I want to start ordering several boxes of halfs a week. Really $1000 M-F. I know this isnt some of the beast numbers some of yall pull but it works for me. I dont have $5000 to tie up all at once. Should I ask the bank to order the $5000 and see if they would let me pick 1000 at a time? I mean has anyone done this? Now I go to several banks on different days but this is time consuming. I want a one stop shop and drive to different banks to dump...like the Wells Fargo with the rude boss lady.

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My local bank, a different bank said they didn't have any dimes when I went there last week.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL

Believe it or not but there is no "set time" for the trucks, they change them frequently for OBVIOUS safety/security reasons.

Also, the banks have to keep a certain amount of coinage for the businesses and are under no obligation to sell you or I ANYTHING.

You get more flies with honey than you do vinegar...

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Today is the day the truck comes and they tell me come after 12 to pick up my coins. It was 430 when I went up there so they had all day. But the point of the post was she was being rude. I went in there nice as I can be. She came at me in some rude way and she has in the past. I have a feeling they will never have any dimes or anything else because she doesnt like what im doing. Tellers have a job to do, honey or vinegar. Its about the account you have. The bank we have for our small business is tolerant of my coin obsession so is the bank with our mortgage and personal account but they know what im doing and she simply doesnt like it. Tbats a character flaw on her part not mine.

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Gotta have a thick skin with this hobby buddy, what we do is kindof strange after all

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today is the day the truck comes and they tell me come after 12 to pick up my coins. It was 430 when I went up there so they had all day. But the point of the post was she was being rude. I went in there nice as I can be. She came at me in some rude way and she has in the past. I have a feeling they will never have any dimes or anything else because she doesnt like what im doing. Tellers have a job to do, honey or vinegar. Its about the account you have. The bank we have for our small business is tolerant of my coin obsession so is the bank with our mortgage and personal account but they know what im doing and she simply doesnt like it. Tbats a character flaw on her part not mine.

"thats a character flaw on her part not mine?"

newsflash!!! most tellers don't like coin roll hunters. We clog up coin counters, we order heavy coin, we turn in rolled coin, we are constantly in banks adding to their work load. Its all part of the game, being extra nice to tellers, offering to buy coins we dont want so they can get them out of their tray, brinking in goodies etc all to make up for us being royal pains in the rear. As mAGma said, better thicken up that skin!

terryin pa

Nov 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your an account holder, ask to speak with the branch manager. Be polite, and ask what their policy is for ordering coin. Chances are , if your an account holder, your polite , the teller will be reprimanded. It isn't up to the teller to choose which customers to like or dislike. I don't think she would have an attitude if you were getting a $100,000.00 cd there.

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Im not going to pick anything up there again. But im going to dump the hell out of some coins. LOL. I wish I could pick who I was going to my job for. She is rude to me not the other way around. It sucks to have to work.....hell I just see her sit at her desk. She has never lifted any coins for me. Im not going to tell the manager though. There is a bunch of banks and she isnt worth the time. Ill just jack some of their free suckers for my kids. Lol

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
tell her you dont want her to behave like she did infront of your kids again and she is teaching a bad example. having kids with you when this kind of crap happens makes this situation worse. this teller is trying to make um loose their faith in humanity at an early age.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the Wells Fargo main branch and went to the teller who is always very friendly towards and she said I'll go check in the back. I guess the head teller jumped up and went and whispered in her ear and came over to tell me the truck had not come in. Well I would have believed her if... 1. She didn't tell me that last week. 2. I know the days that the truck comes in, today, and about the time. This lady had an attitude towards me when I order half dollars but this time I was asking for 2 boxes of dimes. How does the main Wells Fargo branch in my pretty good size little city Run out of dimes? Really? Smh

2nd I want to start ordering several boxes of halfs a week. Really $1000 M-F. I know this isnt some of the beast numbers some of yall pull but it works for me. I dont have $5000 to tie up all at once. Should I ask the bank to order the $5000 and see if they would let me pick 1000 at a time? I mean has anyone done this? Now I go to several banks on different days but this is time consuming. I want a one stop shop and drive to different banks to dump...like the Wells Fargo with the rude boss lady.

this is an easy one. I speak from years of experience and good relations with dozens of banks.

$5000 in halves from one bank a week is a lot to ask for, unless you have actually sat down and discussed with a banker what they are capable of ordering a week. Some banks have ordering limits and if they spend 5k on halves they have a smaller budget to get boxes they need for business transactions. Also 10 boxes of halves take up a lot of room in the vault, some banks I go to that would fill up the majority of their coin storage.

Hearing that a bank doesn't have 2 boxes of dimes is normal. I usually ask for 2 and am lucky if I can get 1. Just be happy with what they give you, and if you don't get anything say thanks anyway and walk away.

The key to both of these problems is diversity. Just like dump banks you need diversity in pickup banks. I usually go with 1K a week per bank or 2k every other week. One I do a 4k order but just every other month or so. I know the tellers there would not like me if I did that every week.

Remember always be friendly, not matter what. Good case in point I had a dump bank I went to every week with 1K. worked out great. Then they get a teller rotation from a different branch. she's giving me a hard time every time I go in there. So I decrease my visits there to every other week. still a hard time. Today she was filling in at my pickup location, and I had a 4k pickup. She's giving me a hard time you know how she caught me and is up to my deal and stuff. So I just play into the joke and we talk a bit and before you know it she's telling me to drop 1K in halves off before she sends the previous 1K I dropped off the week before out (at her normal branch). That's the best situation, relationship made and extra halves dumped.

Also make sure you have a lot of accounts, that way you can work more banks in a smaller area.

Peace

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree with others as far as the dimes go- yes its very normal for a bank to not have boxes in because if they order a set amount every week for themselces and then their normal biz accounts they don't account for a crh coming in and asking foe 2 boxes- sometimes you'll find banks have extra but if you want them for sure orser them if not then you must take your chances-
As for the halves I would NOT recomend asking to order $5k and asking to pick $1k a day- again like others have said their vault space is very limited and they don't want those big heavy boxes laying around all week- if you want/need to order from a.couple different banks and let them know which days you can come in to pick up- that's how I do my 5k a week I have 5 different banks order me $1k and I pick up and dump several times on thurs/fri-those my only days I have to crh dedicated- if I wanted I could leave boxes at a couple banks for a couple days they are ok with it as long as I puck them up befoee the next shipment- and that's only cause its 1k worth and because I have a good relationship with the vault manager and branch manager and all the tellars ( took several months of work to get to this point)

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL

Believe it or not but there is no "set time" for the trucks, they change them frequently for OBVIOUS safety/security reasons.

Also, the banks have to keep a certain amount of coinage for the businesses and are under no obligation to sell you or I ANYTHING.

You get more flies with honey than you do vinegar...
The truck at my main bank comes at the same time consistently every week.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're wanting to pick up an unordered box or two of dimes (or anything else for that matter), I suggest going on the last day before delivery by the coin courier, not right after delivery. Boxes are primarily ordered by banks to service their business accounts. They will be a lot less inclined to dole out box(es) to CRHers on delivery day, as they do not want to risk running out (as they have no way of knowing beforehand how many their business accounts will need) before another delivery comes the following week. Now, on the day before delivery if there are boxes in the vault and more coming the following day, the bank would be much more inclined to sell you a box or two.

All the banks that I have ordered from required me to pick up my boxes of halves on the day after delivery day at the latest as they did not have room in the vault to store them. Ordering $5K from a single bank and picking up $1K at a time most likely won't happen. Still, it cannot hurt to ask. Talk to the branch managers at several banks. Tell them exactly what you want to do and see what they say. Another possibility is if you live in a big enough city, you may be able to find banks that get coin deliveries on different days of the week allowing you to "stretch" your $1000 that way.

You just sometimes run into uncooperative tellers/branch managers. The easiest and IMO the best thing to do is just to do your CRHing elsewhere.

Foothills Gold

Jun 1, 2013
Marietta,S.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Johno. I've asked for coins at my Wells Fargo branch here in South Carolina. You will not believe what they told me.let me set up the situation. I own 2 businesses , all accounts withs Wells Fargo. My personal accounts as well. I run several thousands of dollars through their bank every week. This branch is in Travelers Rest . I don't mind saying that either. Our customer service person named Wendy told my wife and I not to bother getting any coin rolls from them to look through. Guess why ? I was floored when she said the tellers go through every single roll before they sell them. I wonder what bank policy is on that ? Just thought I'd share my first hand knowledge.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Johno. I've asked for coins at my Wells Fargo branch here in South Carolina. You will not believe what they told me.let me set up the situation. I own 2 businesses , all accounts withs Wells Fargo. My personal accounts as well. I run several thousands of dollars through their bank every week. This branch is in Travelers Rest . I don't mind saying that either. Our customer service person named Wendy told my wife and I not to bother getting any coin rolls from them to look through. Guess why ? I was floored when she said the tellers go through every single roll before they sell them. I wonder what bank policy is on that ? Just thought I'd share my first hand knowledge.

I find most tellers go through halves, there are very few banks that don't. which is why you have to have a wide bank range to find CWR scores, or have to catch the tellers before they get a chance to look through them. On the other hand, I find very few banks that search quarters and dimes, and none that search penny's or nickels. Either you've got the most ambitious tellers or they had a lot of time on their hands, or they're lying to keep you away. not sure which one

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So they go through unopened boxes? Or just CWR?

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
J

johnomerta

Sep 29, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
The boxes I get are taped shut. I dont see how they have time to reroll them. Im very suspicious of the clear ones from brinks. I think when they load the boxes there is a good chance they cherry pick. It seems that i dont do as well on the clear rolls. Maybe im paranoid.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find most tellers go through halves, there are very few banks that don't.
Really? And you know this how? Also, is this a paid duty that they are asked to perform by the manager of the bank or is it something they have taken upon themselves to do while on the clock?
I think "most tellers" probably don't go through the cwr halves. I do believe that "some tellers may" when given half a chance.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Really? And you know this how? Also, is this a paid duty that they are asked to perform by the manager of the bank or is it something they have taken upon themselves to do while on the clock?
I think "most tellers" probably don't go through the cwr halves. I do believe that "some tellers may" when given half a chance.

Because a lot of tellers rub their finds in my face lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread