MarcoM12

Oct 27, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I live in the Concord Mass area and I know that the whole town is just a time capsule of history! I metal detect and every house I look at drives me crazy wanting t to detect it. Problem is, I haven't ever door knocked and don't really want to try. But I have gone through hours of research looking at trails and properties and peoples' discussions. I have learned that conservation lands, state lands, and federal lands are all off-limits already (basic rules). I even emailed a conservation land employee and they told me that ALL conservation lands are off-limits to metal detecting. And if you've been to Concord, A LOT and I mean A LOT of its land is owned by the Concord land Conservation Trust. I have seen various documents of the town's rules but recently I realized that some properties and trails say that they are owned by the Town of Concord and not the conservation trust. Now, I'm not going to immediately go and detect because I still feel unsure.:icon_scratch: But I haven't been able to find a spec of info about metal detecting on town property. I have gone on those public trails too and have seen old farm equipment, rusty remains of a model-T, etc. But if anyone has any info about Concord's rules for metal detecting that would be extremely appreciated. Because I have done HOOOOURS of research and I still am searching for solid rules that would allow me to detect. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: Thanks in advance :D

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard MarcoM12! Take a look at Forum: Massachusetts for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from GENERAL DISCUSSION over to FORUM: MASSACHUSETTS for more exposure.

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All I can say is: I guess you shouldn't have looked so hard for reasons to keep yourself from detecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions