✅ SOLVED Running man mystery item to ID! 🤪

Dec 31, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this while beachcombing today! It?s heavy and metal, but I don?t think it?s lead...although, I could be wrong! lol To me, looks like a person running (maybe soldier, since it kind of looks like he?s wearing a helmet?)...I?m super curious as to what it was originally! It?s got a bolt-esque thingy on the back, as if it was affixed to something...and I don?t think this is the complete image...maybe 1/4 of it, as there is only one of the bolt thingies lol I was thinking maybe some sort of military warning plaque? Like no running, or you should be running? 😂 I really have no idea 😂 hopefully someone here knows! 87658E14-FF40-4334-81A9-3769F8AABE35.jpeg

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see the soldier. You can see his helmet, haversack and canteen. I don't think he is running. I think he is kneeling. Possibly a machine gun loader inside a bunker or pillbox.

Perhaps the indentation at the top indicates it is part of a mold. Interesting piece...

attachment.php

Attachments

• loader mold.jpg
    loader mold.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 215
Upvote 0

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also think it's half of a toy soldier mold. I see exactly what Matt sees.

Here's a different example.

soldier mold.jpg

Upvote 0

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with Matt - looks like it could be part of an injection mold for plastic army men.
The large cutouts would be to control cooling of the part (i.e., army man) so it would cool uniformly and eject from the mold properly without deforming the part.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions