Rye Patch in December...

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy folks. Back to work in Fallon, NV after the holiday. Looks like I'll have 4 days to do some hunting (11th-14th) in about a week. I was wondering if anyone could give me tips on Rye Patch, or any other nugget shooting spots in the area? I'm okay just wondering around in the desert, as long as there is even a small chance of hitting on something.

I'm also available to meet up if anyone needs a detecting buddy.

Thanks for any help or advice,
-NZ49er.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
NZ49er

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Rye Patch area is heavily claimed, along with quite a bit of private land. Have fun. Time for more coffee.
Yep, I saw that on the Nevada claims website. That's why I was looking for some advice.

Thanks!
-NZ49er

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep, I saw that on the Nevada claims website. That's why I was looking for some advice.

Thanks!
-NZ49er
Another option for you is meteorite hunting on some of the nearby dry lakes in your vicinity.
Good luck whatever you do.

OP
OP
NZ49er

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another option for you is meteorite hunting on some of the nearby dry lakes in your vicinity.
Good luck whatever you do.
Thanks! I've been working on a huge dry bed in the area for a few weeks. Been keeping my eyes out. One of the crew did find a lightning cast yesterday. Pretty sweet find

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks! I've been working on a huge dry bed in the area for a few weeks. Been keeping my eyes out. One of the crew did find a lightning cast yesterday. Pretty sweet find
I have found several melted metal straps, simpson ties, etc. My hunting property gets a lot of lightning. What blows me away is how I will come across a fresh burn from lightning in the middle of summer, but it never took off. 30-50ft circle.

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have found several melted metal straps, simpson ties, etc. My hunting property gets a lot of lightning. What blows me away is how I will come across a fresh burn from lightning in the middle of summer, but it never took off. 30-50ft circle.
I was out hiking for elk sheds a few years back and came across a lightning strike from a previous storm a day or two earlier. The ground was smoldering in about a 20' diameter circle....took me about 1 hr. to put it out with no tools except sticks. I miss shed hunting but since the big C came along I just ain't really got the poop anymore. Sold most my collection to the shed buyer a few yrs ago.....

Attachments

• P8110010.JPG
    P8110010.JPG
    259.4 KB · Views: 35
  • P8110007.JPG
    P8110007.JPG
    231.1 KB · Views: 41

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread