Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Guys I have thought of you often! We tin-panners are a sordid bunch.

My hat is off to Clay Diggins for his outstanding help with the intricacies of mining claims!! His help has gotten us to where we are in Rye Patch today.

mylandmatters.org is a wealth of information. I have slacked recently but will make a donation soon.

I can not say too much but wanted to mention a mining camp is now up above Rye Patch. Private land next to BLM land and other land owned by mining companies. Plenty of water because we have a mill site with well. Solar. Sewer. Took me 7 years from scratch to mining camp.

At night from 30 miles away you can see the light from the camp. All from the sun.

Can’t say much more right now. Hard work. But good to establish a base camp deep into the Rye Patch gold right?

You guys rock.

Chuck

Upvote 14
OP
OP
Rail Dawg

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey guys got 4.5k of solar running. If you are within 20 miles of Rye Patch on I-80 you can see 2 big white canvas tents and water storage tanks way up on the hill very near Mt. Majuba (the big inactive volcano). At night there is an LED stadium light that is the only light for many miles. It can be easily spotted for a very long way lol. Also got a live Ring Feed going. Having full-time eyes on the site makes life easier.

This is not a tent along a creek. This has turned into a modern 1800’s style mining camp. Having a camp like this right in the action makes the mining life in Rye Patch so much better.

We will be inviting fellow miners to hunt gold with us in the future. We have plenty of water and a permitted mill site. This is NOT a BnB or anything touristy. Tin panners looking for the shiny. There will be a jar at the end of the sluices. After you process your material pinch in what you think is right to pay for keeping the camp running. That’s it. After you process your gold head for the saloon up here.

Not posting pics at the moment for security reasons is all. Still trying to keep things hush but wanted to share here.

Thanks!

Chuck

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m truly happy for your success and admire your perseverance Chuck. That’s a long haul to get to the point your at.

I agree, what an asset we have in Barry and My Land Matters. More folks should familiarize themselves with the site and ask questions of “Clay Diggens”. I wish I had sooner, some years back.

Wishing you good times and good gold on you venture.

Mike

OP
OP
Rail Dawg

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I’m truly happy for your success and admire your perseverance Chuck. That’s a long haul to get to the point your at.

I agree, what an asset we have in Barry and My Land Matters. More folks should familiarize themselves with the site and ask questions of “Clay Diggens”. I wish I had sooner, some years back.

Wishing you good times and good gold on you venture.

Mike
Mike a sincere thanks for that.

The camp itself sits on 1000 acres of private land just above the popular sections 08, 18, 20, 30 and 24. The family out here has had claims going back a very long time. Took many years to build the trust to get where we are at today.

Clay Diggins and many of you have been very helpful over the years. Especially Clay as you say Mike. Becoming a mining claim expert pays off in spades if one lives the life. Without Clay I would have made some serious mistakes.

It is not just gold in Rye Patch. Finding an untouched quartz bloom out here is like finding nuggs in the stream bed. Let us say that my living out here full-time at the camp allows for some pretty remote exploring. A quartz bloom has been found that is pristine. Have never dug for quartz crystals but plan to now.

Again thanks Mike. The road from nothing but desert wilderness to functioning mining camp is a long one. Many ways to fail. All of you are invited once we start using the sluices. Right now it is all infrastructure for winter. 16 last night. Having 4.5kw (soon 8kw) solar is a game-changer. Allows for live cam security.

Thanks for letting me ramble.

Chuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread