Treasure-Diver

Feb 8, 2005
Houston, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE W/ SunRay X-1 Probe
BH Pioneer 505
Fisher Impulse UW Pulse Ind.
Fisher F2
A lot of beach is State Park and is posted NO METAL DETECTORS. I know the last time I was there I was disappointed to find that out. I think there is some beach areas outside the State Park area however. GOOD LUCK!

Dave45

Dec 31, 2004
The Lone Star State
North side of Mansfield cuts a no no, south side go for it.
At least thats what Iv been told but dont take my word for it check for yourself, I think the fine is hefty and they take your detectors.
Ive hunted the south side with no problems but never seen anyone either.

hallycat

May 17, 2008
Dave45 said:
North side of Mansfield cuts a no no, south side go for it.
At least thats what Iv been told but dont take my word for it check for yourself, I think the fine is hefty and they take your detectors.
Ive hunted the south side with no problems but never seen anyone either.

who do you contact for permission to hunt padre island or mansfield? im new to this

Korban

Nov 2, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Xterra 30, Sov GT
The mansfield cut (shipoping chanel) is like 26 miles up the beach and the other side is national seashore. South Padre Island can be hunted, though I think the dunes may be off limits (not sure on that). The very sothern tip of the island is a state park and you have to pay to get in if you drive, you could ask there. The state park only goes up the beach like less than a mile. From there up is good to hunt, although if you can hunt in the park alot of people are there during the weekends. Most of the spring break people would have been around the large hotels which are closer to the southern part of the island. Id hit it in the morning during the weekends. I will be down there in about 6 days. Have fun!!

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
Just rolled back into town from there an hour ago. You can detect at Isla Blanca park, entrance fee is $4. You can also detect in front of the hotels and condos. I did most of my detecting at Boca Chica across the channel. There is a little hispanic women that works the beach pretty regularly, bettter get there before her.

Ridge Runner

Greenie
Jan 18, 2008
When they made Mansfield cut is when they cut through a ship and thats when they knew it was ships along Padre Island.In 67 I think when a treasure company set up on them and started bring up treasure but here comes the big state of Texas taking it away.Then in 68 they made it a national sea shore to keep you off.O'h yes the treasure is there and some of it does get wash up on the shore after a storm.If you cross over to the north side don't have a detector in your hands unless you want somebody planing your vacation for you for a long time.
Chuck

PS I had a friend that had a bait stand on the Island and he had found alot of silver by looking for coins sitting on a toad stools where the wind had cut the sand away.You don't need a detector for this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread