"S" What is it??

oravikmatt

Nov 8, 2004
Dahn Tahn Pittsburgh, US of A
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-X
"S" What is it??

I didn't dig this but found it near an abandoned house while scouting for hunting places. It's pretty heavy and seems to be cast of bronze (?). The large "S" which is exactly the same on both sides, are the only markings. There is a spot on the bottom edge where it looks like a rough spot was partially filed off or maybe it was drug on cement alot (maybe from a dogs collar?). Any idears?

Oh and it's about 1.5" across and a little more than 1/4" thick. It's heavy to, like pewter.

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 330

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "S" What is it??

Then I might have to agree with you about a dog's collar.It could also be a keychain fob.Don't think it's old though.Just my opinion, and you know what they say about those! ;DH.H.

Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

I found something similar awhile back, but it had the letters " ONE " on both sides...
I was thinking it was a weight for an old beam type scale, the ONE, meaning 1 once...
The one I found does weigh one once, so I'm pretty sure that this is what it was...
In your case,,, not sure if the " S " could stand for " Standard " or not,,, just a wild guess...
Good Luck & happy Hunting~

Upvote 0

downindixie

Oct 10, 2004
Oxford,Alabama

The type of letter and the recess on the tag itself makes it look old to me.It looks like a cast piece as opposed to machined or stamped.Hey just an opinion!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread